Forgive and Forget

Colby and I were sat on my couch, cuddling and watching The Office for the thousandth time.  Everyone was reacting great to the fact that we were back together, but of course the question was still in the air.  'What happened?'
  "Babe can you get me some water?" Colby asked.  I nodded and sat up, getting up from the couch.  I walked into the kitchen and saw Holt was sat there on his phone. 
  "You can come in if you want." I said grabbing a cup from my Cabinet.
  "I don't wanna sit and watch you two all over each other." He chuckled.  I smiled at him and poured water into the cup.  I nodded and walked back into the living room and sat with Colby again.  He thanked me and took the cup.
  I started going through my phone again and saw the comments on my recent.  Colby and I talked about doing a video on why we broke up in the first place.  We agreed to wait a little till the fans relax. 
  Someone started knocking on the front door and we turned our heads.  Holt got up to answer the door.
  "Hello" he said.  I continued going through my phone but also listened. "She's here.  May I ask who is looking for her?"
  "Brooklyn." Colby and I both looked at each other with shock written on our faces.  I stood up and walked towards the door.  I looked at Brooklyn from the door frame.  She had a basket in her hands.  She looked tired but still beautiful.  We made eye contact and hope filled her expression.
  "Hi Alice." She smiled.  I stood there emotionless.  She noticed and cleared her throat awkwardly. "I brought brownies."

  "What do you want?" Colby asked annoyed.  I slapped his shoulder and he rolled his eyes.  Brook sat at the kitchen table as I was slowly pacing around the kitchen.  Colby leaned against the counter with his arms crossed. There was obviously still some tension between the two but I ignored it.
"I want Alice's forgiveness." She admitted. "I was gonna ask for yours but you obviously still hold a grudge."
"Uh duh. You used me for clout." He said in a 'awe' tone.
"And you used Alice for Clout and she's dating you." She shrugged. Colby got more annoyed.
"She is right." I said. Colby's eyes widened at what I said and that made brook smirk. "But! That doesn't make it okay for others to do."
Brooklyn quickly nodded and awkwardly shuffle in her seat. "Listen Alice. I know what I did was wrong and there's not a lot I can say or do to make you forgive me.  But I miss you so much.  I should've told you the truth and I shouldn't have used Colby.  If you can't one day find it in your heart to forgive me and be friends again-"
  "I forgive you." I said.
  "You do?" Colby and Brook said in unison.
  "You're too forgiving." Holt chuckled.  I let out a little groan and rolled my eyes.
  "Look I forgave Colby and he Cheated on me and used me for personal gain.  He's changed and regrets it.  The least I can do is forgive brook all she did was lie." She smiled and stood up.  She gave me a big hug and I hugged back.
  "Thank you so much Alice.  I'll prove myself to you I swear." She said with hope in her eyes. I nodded and looked at Colby.
"But you two need to stop being so childish. If I'm over the situation you two definitely should be. And you know I'm right" I said pointing to Colby. They both nodded and sighed at the same time.
Not gonna lie knowing that I can fully put all issue behind me was taking so much weight off my shoulders. I got my boyfriend back and now Brook and I were cool again. Everyone was being supportive and I felt more confident in the situation I'm in.
"You really are a great person. Thank you Alice." Brook gave me another hug before heading back out.
"Yup you're too nice" Colby said. I rolled my eyes at him and he got annoyed. "I can't believe you'd even let her in"
"Oh stop it Colby what was I gonna do. Leave her in the cold?" I said sarcastically.
"YES!" I ignored him and walked out of the kitchen. "Look I just don't think it's a good idea to be friend her again."
"Oh well just did." I said. He scuffed and followed me.
"Alice I don't want you around a toxic person like that." He pushed.
"What I can forgive my boyfriend with toxic behavior and not my old best friend with toxic behavior." I shot back.
"Ugh of course!" He said with a raised voice. "Okay Alice I messed up many times! I get it! Geez when are you gonna get over that and move forward."
"I am moving forward, what the heck are you talking about." I said getting more annoyed. "I mean I got back with you and everything."
"That doesn't mean shit." He said bluntly. "If you're gonna keep throwing that in my face how are we making things work. How are we getting over it."
I crossed my arms and looked down, still a little pissed off.
"I'm not telling you to stop not forgive Brooklyn because of what she did. I'm doing it because she didn't work as hard as us to make a relationship work. But obviously I'm wrong about that if you keep bringing up the past as if it makes things better. It only makes me more insecure and think we're gonna stay in the same rough situation forever."
I sighed and looked up at him. "Look I'm sorry Colby" I said quietly.
"That doesn't make anything better Alice. I need to know if you forgive me and you're ready to move on. Otherwise, how are we supposed to work." He said sternly. "Do you forgive me?"
"Yeah. I do. I really do." I said. I walked over and gave him a hug. "I'm sorry. I won't do that again I promise. I was trying to prove my point but did that horribly."
He hugged back and said, "It's fine. I just don't trust her. But if you do I respect that, I just need time to forgive her."
___
A/N:
Hey guys.  It's been about a month since I've updated.  Sorry, I'm trying to end this book ASAP but with school and college things it's pretty hard.  There's a few chapters left before the final chapter and those are in the works as well.  I'm hoping I can post the next chapter but Friday or Sunday.  But yeah hope you enjoyed.  Again I have the book "I wish you were gay" waiting to be published so if y'all want me to post it let me know.  Updates will be frequent bc the whole thing is done from beginning to end.  It has nothing to do with the Alice plot and they're not famous.  Ily guys💕