White Pine Bay

Norma had moved to White Pine Bay six months after Sam her husband, now ex husband, had gone to jail. It was a blessing to her and a sign to get out of Arizona when she had the chance. She wanted her sons to finish their school year before she left; she didn't want to be selfish.

Her son Dylan, her first born, was ten years old. Blonde hair and blue eyes, he was beautiful. Her second son, Norman, was four years old. Blue eyes and brown hair, he was adorable.
-
It had been almost four months since they had left and Norma felt great. Nothing too bad had happened to her which was lucky because something awful always happened to her. The first week of living at her new motel, she had met two police officers.

The first officer, Alexander Romero, the Sheriff of White Pine Bay. He was tall, dark brown eyes, dark hair, and always had a very stoic face.

The second officer, Zack Shelby, the deputy to the Sheriff, was almost as tall as Alex. He had blonde hair and bright blue eyes, he seemed more open then the Sheriff did.
-
Norma was walking out of Dylan's room when she heard a knock on the front door. She was ready for bed and was exhausted after taking care of the motel, which was all sold out for the week.

Norma walked down the stairs and opened the first door, then the next. Once the door was open enough, she saw deputy Shelby.
-
Norma thought Zack was cute and all but he wasn't much to her.
-
"Evening, Mrs. Bates," Shelby spoke

"Hello, Deputy Shelby. Is there something wrong? It's nine thirty at night." Norma stated, pointing out the obvious.

"Um, no." Shelby chuckled, "I just wanted to see you...and visit.".
-
Norma was taken aback, why would the deputy sheriff come to see her?
-
"See me?" Norma asked.

Shelby smiled his brightest smile Norma had ever seen. His teeth were perfectly white and straight, it made her uneasy in some sort of way, or maybe even gave her a fluttering feeling in her stomach.
-
"Yes, I came to see you." Shelby replied, still having a smile.

"W-Would you like to come in?" Norma asked

"Yeah, sure." Zack replied.

Norma moved aside and let him in, then closing both doors after walking inside.

Both sat on the couch in silence for half a second before Zack broke the silence.

"So, Norma, how have you been?" Shelby asked

"I've been good actually, my boys start school in a few days so that's fun." Norma responded, with a chuckle.

Zack smiled, "How old are they again?".

"Dylan, he's ten years old and Norman is 4, almost five." Norma responded

"Oh yeah, that's right." Shelby chuckles.

Norma smiles at Zack. She couldn't tell if her smile was genuine or fake, either was fine, all she really wanted to do was sleep.
-
"So," Norma says

"Norma, I-I just want to tell you that I think you're beautiful, a-and I really like you." Shelby stutters

"Zack," Norma laughs softly, "you're too kind."

"I also wanted to," Zack stops.

Norma gives him a questionable look and before she could say anything, Zack kisses her...