Chapter Nine

Norma and Alex sat across from each other in a somewhat, empty diner. The people that were in the diner with them stayed closer to the doors and Norma and Alex stayed further away; closer to the back of the restaurant. They were laughing and talking as quietly as they could. Neither of them knew that they would have so much in common.
"So, did you ever think you would end up a motel owner?" Alex asked, Norma.
"Not at all. I had other plans but they didn't work out." Norma replied, a small smile on her face.
"What did you plan on doing?" Alex asked, interested in everything Norma had to say.
"I actually wanted to design clothes. It was a crazy idea but I'm kind of glad it didn't happen." Norma replied.
Alex smiled and scrunched his eyebrows together in wonder. Norma saw his look and laughed softly.
"I'm glad I became a motel owner because if I hadn't moved here, then I wouldn't have met you and this date would've never happened." Norma smiled, her cheeks turning pink.
Romero laughed and grabbed Norma's hand, having enough confidence to.
"I'm glad you moved here too. You made this town more interesting." Romero stated, with a chuckle.
Norma looked down at their hands and admired the view. She finally had someone who was there for her and she felt comfortable, but in the back of her mind, something was holding her back.
Alex didn't know everything about his date. He didn't know what he was getting himself into, and he could care less; he just wanted to be happy with Norma.
"Alex," Norma called, "let's go somewhere.".
Alex looked at Norma confused but with a smile, "Where to?"
"Let's go to the beach," Norma replied, her smile growing wider.
Alex chuckled, "Let's go then.".
They paid for dinner and left as quickly as possible. Once Alex parked near the beach, Norma took her heels off and left them in the SUV. Alex laughed and got out.
-
They walked silently, side by side, near the ocean. Alex didn't feel the need to break the silence because the ocean was doing that for him. Norma was the opposite, she wanted to speak and the ocean wasn't doing it for her. So, being the 'crazy' woman she was, a crazy idea popped up in her head.
"Let's go swimming!" Norma exclaimed, looking at Alex excitedly.
Alex looked up at Norma, he saw the sparkle in her eyes. He couldn't possibly say no.
"Okay," Alex laughed.
Norma squealed, happy that Alex had agreed to swim.
She turned her back to Alex, silently asking him to unzip her dress; he hesitantly grabbed the zipper and pulled it down. Once down, Norma let the dress drop to her ankles and kicked it away from the water. She then looked at Alex who was taking in her figure, making her blush.
Even if it was dark outside, the full moon made it a little bit easier to see her perfect body.
Norma slowly walked to Alex and started lifting his t-shirt up; he lifted his arms up to help her. When his shirt was off, Norma threw it next to her dress. Before Norma continued removing the rest of Alex's clothes, she kissed him. Alex grabbed the sides of Norma's face and pulled her closer. Both broke the kiss after a minute, needing air.
They both smiled and Alex pulled back a bit from Norma who was standing right in front of him. He took his gun off and then his pants, throwing it where the rest of the clothes were and looked back at Norma; her blue eyes bright.
Alex lunged at Norma and kissed her, then picking her up and walking to the water. He pulled back once he was waist deep, giving Norma a smirk as she looked at him questioningly.
He didn't say anything, but when Norma felt the water against her feet, her eyes grew wide.
"Don't you dare," Norma whispered, sternly.
"Have you met me?" Alex asked, laughing afterward.
Norma was about to say something but Alex dropped her and she fell in the water. She came up and splashed Alex with water, getting the hair out of her face afterward.
-
It was now nine-thirty and they were getting out of the water, exhausted after swimming for an hour.
They put their clothes on and walked back to the SUV.
"Thank you, Alex. This night was perfect," Norma whispered, her eyes getting heavy.
"You're welcome, Norma," Alex replied, a wide smile on his face.
Alex glanced at Norma once they stopped at a red light. She had fallen asleep against the window and was snoring very quietly. Alex couldn't have felt any more pride then he did now; having this beautiful woman with him now made life seem perfect.
-
Alex pulled the SUV in his driveway and turned it off. He turned to Norma, ready to wake her up, but she opened her eyes slowly and looked at Alex.
"We're here," Alex stated.
Norma closed her eyes and very slowly opened them, then sitting up and unbuckling. Alex was already out of the car and was now opening Norma's door for her. She hopped out and thanked him, grabbing his hand and leading him to the house.
Alex opened the front door once unlocked and let Norma through first. The couple saw the boys asleep on the couch and Maggie sitting next to them, who was still awake.
"When did they fall asleep?" Norma asked Maggie, once she stood up.
"About an hour ago. Neither wanted to fall asleep but I said that you would be mad." Maggie explained with a laugh.
Norma gave her a small smile, "You look exhausted, Maggie. Are you sure you can drive home?"
"I'm sure. I've got to get home soon anyway. I have guests coming over soon." Maggie replied, looking at the floor.
"Alright, well, thank you again for watching my boys. They love you." Norma said, sweetly.
"I love the boys. They're so kind." Maggie replied, looking over at the sleeping boys.
Norma looked up at Alex with a small smile, he returned it but quickly lost it when Maggie looked back over at them.
"Well, Maggie, I hope you drive home safely," Norma said, walking up to Maggie and hugging her.
Norma released her soon after and looked up at Alex, "I'm gonna take a shower. Can you walk her out?"
"Okay," Alex replied, nodding his head.
Norma smiled and pulled Alex in for a hug, then kissing his cheek, and going upstairs. Alex watched her leave until she was out of his sight and turned to Maggie who was smiling at him.
———————
Like and Comment! 💕
Not the best chapter but the next one will be better!