Chapter Eight

Alex looked at Dylan who was curled up in a ball on the couch, watching some cowboy show on tv. Alex smiled and walked upstairs. He walked to the guest room to see Norman fast asleep but no Norma. He then walked to his bedroom door and knocked on it.
"Norma? Are you in there? Can I come in?" Alex asked.
Norma sniffled and wiped her nose, "Y-yes.".
Alex hesitantly opened the door and saw Norma sitting on the left side of the bed where she slept, looking out of the window. Alex closed the door and walked over to Norma, then kneeling down and looking at her.
Her eyes were puffy and red, and her cheeks were wet from tears.
"What happened?" Alex asked, sympathetically.
"The jail called me." Norma whispered. "They're gonna let my ex husband out, Sam."
"I thought you said he died?" Alex asked, astonished.
"I-I lied. I thought it was embarrassing to talk about a failed relationship." Norma replied, looking Alex in the eyes.
Alex was silent. He didn't want to interrupt.
"He went to jail for abuse and stealing and other stuff but mainly the abuse. He abused me and my sons awfully. It was everyday." Norma explained
"I won't let him do that to you ever, ever again, Norma." Alex said, sternly.
"I'm scared he'll find my boys and I and he'll kill me for leaving." Norma cried, tears coming to her eyes once again.
"Hey, hey, hey!" Alex said, grabbing Norma's quivering chin. "He won't find you. I'll make sure of it. Okay? I promise i'll protect you. Just- trust me." Alex said, confidently.
Tears fell from Norma's eyes as she absorbed all of the kind and reassuring words Alex had said to her. Alex wiped the tears away with his thumb and held his hand on her cheek.
Norma put her right hand on Alex's cheek and stroked his soft skin, then going to his eyelashes and running her finger over them lightly.
Alex smiled and looked up at her. Norma felt a sudden urge to move closer to Alex's face and close the gap. She wanted to feel his lips against hers but she didn't know for sure if Alex felt that way about her.
"Alex?" Norma asked
"Yes," Romero replied
"Why did you have to stay at the motel? For months?" Norma asked, completely off topic.
"I wanted Rebecca to stop coming to my house because I really didn't like her. We just used each other for body heat." Alex explained.
Norma nodded her head and moved her eyes to look outside. It was quiet before Alex broke the silence.
"And, I-I was also scared to leave you alone after Keith came to the station and threatened you." Alex whispered, looking at the floor and his hands that were now in front of him. He was blushing madly.
Norma smiled wide and lightly grabbed Alex's jaw so he would face her. Their eyes connected and they couldn't have felt any safer.
Kiss her! Just do it! Alex's mind screamed
Kiss him you idiot! Norma's mind was racing.
Neither of them had the guts to move in first and Norma knew Alex was a guy that respected her. He wouldn't just throw himself onto her, so she decided to make the first move. They both closed their eyes and got close enough to where their noses touched, but their lips weren't touching.
Norma then took a deep breath and crashed her lips on Alex's, putting her hands on either side of his face and pulling him closer. Alex put his hands on Norma's waist and tilted his head making the kiss deeper than it already was.
Before the kiss could escalate, Dylan swung the door open making Norma stop what she was doing and look at him.
"What's wrong honey?" Norma asked, calmly.
"I'm hungry." Dylan whined.
As Norma was about to answer, Alex started placing short kisses on her neck and collar bone. Norma's body was hiding Alex's for the most part so Dylan couldn't see anything the sheriff was doing.
"We can go to the store soon. Just wait, okay?" Norma asked, keep a straight face.
Dylan nodded and left, closing the door behind him. Norma looked back at Alex who had stopped his teasing and was now giving Norma a questioning stare.
"Let's go out tonight." Norma suddenly said
"Like-like on a date?" Alex asked.
Norma smiled and nodded, putting her arms on Alex's shoulders and playing with the ends of his hair.
Alex smiled and nodded, "Let's go out then.".
Norma then looked at the ground and laughed quietly.
"What is it?" Alex asked.
Norma's cheeks turned red when Alex asked that question, "I don't have anything nice to wear.".
Alex laughed, "We don't have to go anywhere fancy."
"Really? You don't want to go anywhere nice?" Norma asked, with an eyebrow raised.
"As long as I get to show off my beautiful date, then I don't care where we go." Alex replied.
Norma laughed, "Thank you."
"For what? I'm just being honest." Alex stated, with his newly found confidence.
"No I mean, thank you for cheering me up and being there for me. You're always there when I need you." Norma stated, with a wide grin.
"You're welcome, Norma." Alex said.
-
That night~
-
"Norma?" Alex called, from behind the bedroom door. "Are you ready?".
The door opened and Norma walked out. Her hair was down, her makeup natural, and her outfit perfect. She was wearing a light blue dress that ended at her knees. Her heels matched.
Alex was in awe of her beauty. He's never seen anyone as beautiful.
"Is this fine?" Norma asked, with a smile.
"It's perfect." Alex replied, almost missing the question.
Norma's smile grew as she heard his response and admired him. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, his gun on his right hip.
"You don't look too bad yourself." Norma laughed.
Alex grinned and grabbed Norma's hand, leading her out of the room, and downstairs. Once at the bottom, Norma saw her two boys sitting with Maggie.
"We'll be out for awhile, don't stay up too late." Norma said, with a laugh.
"Have a good time. See you soon." Maggie said, watching Norma open the door.
Both the boys got off the couch and ran to their mother, hugging her tight and then doing the same to Alex. They then went back to the couch and started watching tv again. Norma smiled and waved goodbye to Maggie and walked out the door. Alex watched Norma walk and made sure she was out of sight before he walked over to Maggie.
"Don't mess with these boys. Norma might not know exactly who you are but I do. And if anything happens to them, you'll be sorry." Alex whispered, so the boys couldn't hear.
Maggie nodded her head and showed no fear. She was used to Alex threatening her because of her brother. Not that they had to worry about Keith anymore.
Alex walked away and said one more goodbye before walking to his beautiful date.
————————
Like and comment! 💕