Chapter Seventeen

Norma laid on Alex's bare chest. It was midnight and they were exhausted from their lovemaking. The newlyweds couldn't get enough of each other even though they were gonna be together forever; even in the afterlife.
"Lolita," Norma whispered.
Alex raised his eyebrows, chuckling softly, "What?".
Norma held herself up on her elbow, looking at her husband in the eyes, "Lolita Ann Romero. That's our daughter's name.".
Alex nodded, "She'll have your eyes."
"And your eyelashes," Norma said, right after.
"Your nose."
"Your confidence," Norma stated
"Your kindness," Alex whispered back.
"She'll be beautiful," Norma said, closing her eyes and yawning; laying her head back down on her husband.
"Goodnight, sweetheart," Norma whispered
"Goodnight, baby," Alex said back.
-
Norma watched as Alex pulled up on the gravel. She walked out of the office and watched her husband slowly get out of his SUV. He looked shocked, maybe even mad, but he wasn't.
He slowly made his way to the front of the car and looked as if he was about to cry.
"Honey?" Norma asked, walking towards him.
As she got closer, she saw blood on his uniform shirt.
Norma was now standing in front of him and had a full view now. He was completely covered in blood and tears were in his eyes.
"Baby, what happened?" Norma asked, putting her hand on Alex's cheek.
Alex didn't say anything, he just covered Norma's hand with his and looking into her eyes.
Norma launched herself towards him and held him tightly, not caring if the blood got onto her dress.
As Norma held her husband, she heard a quiet sob come from him. It broke her heart to hear him sound so broken. Norma pulled back but not completely, just to look at his face.
Tears were falling from his dark brown eyes.
"Let's get you inside," Norma whispered, grabbing Alex's hand and leading him up the stairs.
Once they had gotten inside the house, Norma led him upstairs to the bathroom and ran the water. She looked at Alex who was watching the water fill the tub. Norma took off Alex's jacket and unbuttoned his shirt. Alex took his shoes off and his pants.
Norma looked at his chest after he took off the black undershirt; there was blood that had bled through and stuck to his skin.
She hugged him tightly and put her head against his chest and dried blood, listening to his heartbeat.
Alex wrapped his arms around his wife's shoulders and just held her tightly.
After a couple of minutes, Norma pulled back and leaned up to kiss her husbands cheek, "I'm gonna go lock up the motel and then start laundry. You relax.".
Alex nodded and watched as Norma left.
-
Norma turned all the lights off and was about to lock the door before a car pulled up in front of the motel. An older man got out of the car and walked up to Norma.
"Hi, can I help you?" Norma asked
"Yes, do you happen to know where Alex Romero is? I checked his old house but he wasn't there." The man explained
"Alex is here now and of course lives here. I'm his wife, Norma Romero." Norma introduced
"Wow, Alex picked one hell of a woman. You're beautiful. I'm Alex's father, I would like to talk to him." The man said.
Norma's face fell. She knew about Alex's father and his mother; she wasn't a fan of his father.
"He's busy." Norma snapped, accidentally losing her cool.
"It's very important, Mrs. Romero." The man said, smirking at Norma's rudeness.
"Then talk to him on your own time." Norma snapped, locking the office door.
"Can I get a room?" Mr. Romero asked
"We're closed," Norma said, walking away from the man.
Mr. Romero lost his temper and patience and grabbed Norma's arms tightly, pushing her up against the motel wall.
"Get your hands off of me!" Norma yelled
"I'm not kidding, I want to see my son right now!" Mr. Romero yelled
"No! You don't deserve to speak with my husband." Norma snapped, rudely.
Alex's father squeezed Norma's arms rudely; Norma yelped in pain. Surely it would leave bruises on her arms.
"I'll be back later, and I will speak with my son." Mr. Romero whispered, letting go of Norma and leaving the motel property.
Norma was in shock. She wasn't extremely surprised to the events that just happened but it was still shocking.
-
Norma brushed off what had happened and walked back to her house. Once inside, she walked to the bathroom and sat on the floor, next to her husband.
"How're you feeling?" Norma asked in a whisper.
"Tired," Alex replied, his eyes closed.
Norma nodded her head and stood up, going into a cabinet and grabbing lavender soap. She put the bar of soap in the bath and grabbed a rag, wetting it and putting soap on it.
She slowly and softly wiped the blood from his chest. She cleaned his neck and arms, going down to his torso and back up. She stopped and let the soap sit on his skin, relaxing him.
-
"Do you wanna talk about it?" Norma asked as she sat next to Alex in bed.
It was too early for Norma to sleep but she wanted Alex to get some rest.
-
Alex took a deep breath and looked at his wife with a small smile, "You know how we were talking about having a daughter?"
"Yes," Norma replied, a smile on her face to the thought.
"Well, I got a call today and at the edge of town, this family was having some problems. When I got there, the father was pointing a gun at the mother and daughter." Alex stated.
Norma slowly lost her smile as she very slowly put the pieces together.
"As soon as I walked into their home, he shot his wife and the. his daughter," Alex whispered.
Norma squeezed her eyes shut to the thought.
"H-How old was she?" Norma asked
"Five," Alex whispered.
Norma felt Alex's sadness when he answered. She knows it's hard for him to go to those kinds of calls and see people getting killed, especially mothers and children.
"I had to check to see if either of them were alive but neither made it." Alex said, "Sorry for the blood stains on my clothes.".
Norma chuckled, "Baby, don't worry about it. It's apart of your job. I'll get the stains out, don't worry.".
Norma smiled and played with Alex's hair. Who knew the stoic sheriff was this much of a softie?
——————
Like and Comment! 💕
Idk how many chapters are to come but I hope everyone likes this chapter! 💜