Chapter Fourteen

Norma slowly sat up from her laying position and held back her cries from the pain. Her stomach was awfully bruised as well as every other part of her body, but the stomach area hurt the most.
Norma looked at Alex and brushed her fingers against his cheek then moving to his hair. She examined every part of his face, mainly his beautiful eyelashes. As she played with his hair, a nurse came in and was happy to see her awake.
"Hi, Mrs. Bates. I'm glad your awake, I have some questions to ask you." The nurse whispered, quickly.
"Okay," Norma replied, as quietly as the nurse had.
"Alright, do you know the man that kidnapped you?" The nurse asked
"Sam Bates," Norma replied, quickly.
"Do you know the other man who associated with Sam?" The nurse asked, quietly.
"Not personally, but I know his name is Tim," Norma replied
"Okay, that's all I really have to ask for right now." The nurse stated.
Norma nodded, looked at Alex, and smiled.
"He hasn't left at all, other than to get your children." The nurse explained, checking the IV that was in Norma's arm.
"Really? What time did I get here? I don't remember much of anything on the drive." Norma stated, keeping her gaze on her lover.
"You came here at around six," The nurse replied
"And what time is it now?" Norma asked
"Twelve," The nurse replied.
Norma nodded, she had so many questions to ask but before she could ask any more, Alex opened his eyes and slowly lifted his head.
"Good morning, sleepyhead." Norma giggled.
Alex smiled and grabbed Norma's hand.
"I'll be back to check on you later," The nurse stated, leaving the room.
Once the nurse was gone, Norma pulled gently on Alex's hand, making him lean more towards her.
"Lay with me," Norma whispered, a playful smile on her face.
"I don't want to hurt you if I lay with you," Alex whispered, back.
Alex was terrified of hurting Norma. He would hate to inflict any more pain on her than what she was feeling.
"You won't hurt me. You wouldn't ever do anything to hurt me. Please lay with me," Norma begged.
Alex couldn't deny her anything even though he was scared, he was going to do what she said.
"Okay, alright," Alex said, defeated.
Norma smiled and moved over. Alex slowly got on the hospital bed and laid down carefully. When he was settled, Norma laid her head on Alex's chest and draped her arm over his stomach.
"Thank you," Norma whispered, after minutes of silence.
"For laying with you?" Alex chuckled, "You're welcome.".
Norma giggled slapped his arm lightly, "Not for laying with me, for getting me away from those awful people. You watched over my kids and helped them with their homework and just- you were there for them. You really are the perfect man.".
Alex was speechless. This beautiful woman before him was absolutely perfect. He was falling for her all over again.
"I love you," Alex whispered, kissing the top of Norma's head.
Norma smiled; she had never been happier then she was at this very moment.
-
Norma woke up to the sun shining in her face and an almost silent house. She was bare under the silk sheets and her hair was a mess on her pillow. She was about to close her eyes, wanting to fall asleep again, but Alex walked into the room.
It had been a year since the Sam thing. Norma had nightmares for a bit but they stopped after a few months had passed. Alex had moved in once they had left the hospital, and Maggie was put in jail for being 'apart' of the kidnapping. She wouldn't be in as long as Sam and Tim but she wasn't getting out for a while.
-
"I dropped the boys off at school," Alex stated
"Thank you," Norma replied, quietly.
Alex smiled and walked over to Norma, kneeling down in front of her.
"Why are you so perfect?" Alex asked
"Alex, stop," Norma laughed, holding out each word.
"I'm serious! How did I get so lucky?" Alex asked, his smile brighter than ever.
Norma leaned over and kissed her boyfriend. Alex broke the kiss and put his forehead against Norma's.
"Let's go out," Alex said
"Where to?" Norma asked
"The beach," Alex smiled.
Norma laughed sweetly, "Okay,".
-
"I think I want to tear down the motel," Norma said, randomly as they walked.
Alex looked at Norma, "Why?"
"Maybe to remodel it or just not to have a motel." Norma shrugged
"Do you want a different job?" Alex asked, curiously.
"I don't know. I like the motel but I feel like it's harder to get people to book rooms. I hardly ever have a sold out motel." Norma explained
"Well, we can do whatever makes you happy," Alex replied, looking up at the bright blue sky.
After another ten minutes of walking, Alex stopped them at a huge rock that was further away from people.
"I remember our first date," Alex stated, with a chuckle.
"That was an amazing day," Norma replied.
Alex smiled and looked at Norma; she was watching the waves in the distance and the tides come in.
"We should go out for lunch," Norma said, before looking at Alex in shock.
He was on his knee with a small box in his hand. Norma dropped her smile as she began to feel overwhelmed with all of her emotions.
"Norma, the moment I met you, I couldn't take my eyes off of you. You were the most perfect woman I had ever seen. You still are the most perfect thing I've ever laid my eyes on. I know we weren't really friends back then and we weren't always nice to each other, but everything worked out. You took me in and made me feel welcomed. You're tiny, perfect family was all I could ever think about and I knew that you were the only one I ever wanted. You make me so incredibly happy and I feel loved  every time I'm around you. I love you so incredibly much and I want us to be forever. So, Norma Louise Bates, will you marry me?" Alex finally asked.
——————
Like & Comment! 💕