Chapter Seven

Norma laid on the left side of the bed quietly. She had been laying there for an hour. Of course she was exhausted but how could she sleep with the sheriff next to her? In his house!
Norma turned her head away from the wall and looked at Alex. He was staring up at the ceiling, blinking slowly. Norma was about to turn back and face the wall but Alex looked at her and she stopped. Butterflies blew up in her stomach as the sheriff looked lovingly at her. Norma gave him a soft smile and turned her body completely over.
"Can't sleep either?" Norma chuckled, softly.
Alex laughed quietly, "I'm exhausted but my mind isn't allowing me to sleep."
"Me either," Norma stated.
Both stayed silent and just looked at each other with the kindest eyes and the warmest smiles.
"Thank you for helping me, Alex. I've never really had someone help me out like that," Norma whispered. "I honestly can't thank you enough. You've been so kind to my family and I. You're practically apart of it. The boys love you to death and i'm glad they look up to someone like you.".
Alex had a wide smile on his face. Nobody had ever been so kind and welcoming like Norma has.
"You're family is great, Norma. I can't thank you enough for letting me feel welcomed and the boys are amazing. If I were to have children, I would want them to be exactly like Dylan and Norman." Alex replied, holding in a yawn.
Norma laid her head against the pillow and yawned, closing her eyes, and smiling.
"You welcome, Alex." Norma whispered
"Goodnight," Alex said, watching as Norma's face relaxed and she fell into a deep slumber.
Alex shut his eyes and fell asleep with Norma on his mind.
-
"Mom! Mommy! Mr. Alex! Wake up!" Dylan yelled, jumping on Alex's bed- Norman doing the same.
Norma and Alex jolted awake. Norma's arm was draped over Alex's torso and Alex's arms were holding her close to him. Neither of them realized until the boys gave them a confused look. They broke apart, both blushing wildly.
"Whats wrong, love?" Norma asked, turning her attention back to the boys.
"What's for breakfast?" Norman asked, sweetly.
Norma looked at Alex and both of them laughed, "We can go make some pancakes, if Mr. Alex would like some as well." Norma replied
"Of course. After that dinner at your house, how could I miss out on breakfast?" Alex asked.
Norma laughed, "Let's go then.".
Norma stood up and Alex watched in awe as Norma's silk, light pink night gown caught all of her curves. She looked absolutely beautiful.
Norma walked out of the room and Alex picked the two boys up, off the bed. Both boys shrieked with laughter as Alex quickly walked down the stairs. Once they were at the bottom, Alex put Dylan and Norman down and all of them walked to the kitchen.
-
After breakfast, the boys went to the living room and started watching tv- of course with Alex's consent. Norma and Alex stayed in the kitchen and cleaned the dishes; they were silent but comfortable.
"Do you have work today?" Norma asked, once the dishes were done.
"Nope. I'm off today and tomorrow." Alex said, looking Norma in the eyes.
"Mom!" Dylan called.
Norma reluctantly looked at her son, "What's wrong?"
"There's a lady at the door." Dylan said
Norma quickly looked at Alex but he started walking away. Norma followed him with a questioning stare but of course Alex ignored it.
When they got to the door, Alex opened it and both were shocked to see the redhead from the bank.
"Hi, Alex." The redhead flirted, only looking at Alex.
"Hi, Rebecca. Why are you here?" Alex asked
"I just came by to see you." Rebecca replied, sweetly.
"I'm kind of, um, busy." Alex said, looking back at the boys and Norma who was now sitting with them.
Rebecca looked at the small family and quickly started to get angry and jealous.
"Can I speak to you privately?" Rebecca asked, her cheeks flushed with pink.
Alex looked back at Norma who was looking at him. His eyes were asking if he could go, even though it shouldn't have mattered, he felt obliged to do it. Norma smiled and nodded, feeling some confidence with him looking at her. It was like they were a couple and he didn't want her to get jealous or mad.
Norma quickly stopped thinking about that thought and started playing with Norman's hair as his head laid on her lap.
-
"Why is she staying here?" Rebecca asked, almost immediately after the front door was closed.
"She needed a place to stay." Alex said, nonchalantly.
"But what about our time together? We always go to your place and I don't like my house as much as yours." Rebecca whined.
Alex sighed, "I think- I think we should stop what we're doing.".
Rebecca was taken aback. Her anger was rising and she didn't plan on holding anything back.
"Is it because of that slut in there? Is she better than I am? I doubt it! She's what? Thirty something and has two kids that look nothing alike? She probably sleeps with everyone in this town!" Rebecca yelled, angrily.
"Norma Bates is no slut! She has been through hell and back and i'm the only one that's here for her. So with that said, leave." Alex snapped
"No!" Rebecca yelled
"Leave now or i'm calling the police." Alex said, sternly.
Before Rebecca could say anything back, Dylan opened the front door making both adults look at him. Rebecca couldn't deny that Norma's children were adorable.
-
"Hey buddy, what's wrong? Where's your mother?" Alex asked, kneeling down to Dylan's height.
"She put Norman to bed but I think she needs your help." Dylan said, worried.
"Alright, i'll be inside in a few seconds. Okay?" Alex asked, sweetly.
Dylan nodded and went back inside, closing the door softly. Alex stood back up and looked at Rebecca.
"What we're doing, is over. And don't make stupid assumptions about Norma Bates again. Now leave." Alex said, rudely as he walked back inside.
Rebecca rolled her eyes as tears came to them. She quickly turned around and left Alex's home.
—————————
Like and comment! 💕