Chapter Eleven

Alex's adrenaline was rushing when he pulled up to the motel. He jumped out of his car and ran to room twelve, knocking on the door constantly.
"Norma! Open the door!" Alex demanded, hoping nothing bad happened to the people he loved.
Norma opened the door with mascara running down her cheeks. The boys were curled up and hiding behind the large bed; their cheeks wet from tears.
"Baby, what's wrong? What happened?" Alex asked, thinking the worst.
"I-I saw S-Sam," Norma's voice broke, and tears started falling again.
"Oh baby, I'm so sorry," Alex said, sincerely.
Norma threw herself to Alex and held him tightly. She was shaking making Alex hold her tighter, wishing that he had gotten there quicker.
"He s-said that he was going to kill the boys and I. He said he was gonna hurt you and kill me last so I can watch everything." Norma started crying harder than before.
"He won't. I won't let him. Over my dead body." Alex snapped, "I'll protect you, I always will." Alex whispered in Norma's ear, soothing her.
"Stay with me tonight? Up at the house, not down here. I'd feel safer." Norma begged quietly.
"I'll stay, you don't have to ask me twice," Alex replied, rubbing Norma's back, soothing her nerves.
Norma and Alex swayed side to side until Norma stopped crying and was breathing normally.
"Let's go up to the house, yeah? I'll lock up the office." Alex said, calmly.
Norma nodded and grabbed her sons hands as Alex walked to the office and turned everything off; locking the door . Norma waited for Alex on the first step of the walkway and once Alex met up with her, he picked Dylan up and grabbed Norma's hand.
Neither of them noticing the person watching.
-
That Night~
-
Norma laid restless in bed, the boys were laying in the middle of the bed, and Alex was asleep on the other side. Norma decided to get out of bed and go downstairs. Once down, she went into the kitchen and turned on the light, going to the coffee machine, and making herself coffee.
Norma sat at the table and thought about her life. How could everything go so wrong? How was she gonna keep her and her family safe? Why did Alex want to stay around? Why did he even like her? Her thoughts were racing. She then stood up and grabbed a mug, pouring coffee in it, and looking at the nothingness outside the kitchen window.
-
Alex opened his eyes and looked to his right; the boys were sleeping but there was no Norma. He started getting worried and got out of bed slowly, leaving the room, and going downstairs. Alex walked into the kitchen and saw Norma swaying as she held her cup, looking at the dark sky outside.
Alex walked over to her and wrapped his arms around; Norma tensed but quickly relaxed knowing that it was Alex and not Sam.
"Why are you up?" Alex asked, kissing Norma's neck.
Norma leaned her head over so Alex had more room, "I was just...thinking."
"What about?" Alex asked, turning Norma around.
"You, the boys...Sam," Norma replied, sighing heavily.
"Hey, don't worry about anything. He's a dead man if he even tries touching you." Alex whispered, sternly.
Norma smiled at Alex's protectiveness.
"Thank you," Norma whispered
"I'd do anything for you," Alex whispered back, moving a piece of hair out of Norma's face.
Norma leaned up and kissed Alex softly, he returned the kiss, loving the taste of Norma's lips.
As they were in each other embrace, there was a loud bang on the back door. Alex pulled away and pushed Norma behind him.
"Don't move," Alex whispered.
Norma nodded her head and watched as Romero walked to the back door. Alex opened the door and saw nothing. He sighed and turned around, walking back inside, but before the door was all the way shut; it slammed open.
Norma watched in horror as her ex-husband stood in the doorway with a knife in his hand. Alex looked at the man, showing no fear.
"Nice to finally meet you, officer," Sam said, sarcastically.
"Wish I could say the same thing." Alex snapped
"So," Sam laughed, after rolling his eyes, "the whore chose you? Damn, she's full of surprises.".
Alex glared at the man who was about the same height as him.
"Sam, I need you to leave," Norma whispered.
Sam looked at Norma in awe, who was she to boss him around?
"You're so stupid, Norma. I hope you haven't forgotten that I know all of your secrets. I know what you went through when you were a teenager. I know how your mother and father were; especially your brother." Sam taunted.
Norma had tears in her eyes; the thought of her family killed her inside.
"Does your sheriff know?" Sam asked, walking towards Norma.
Alex grabbed Sams arm and pulled him away from Norma. Sam started to fight back and Norma had had enough.
"Alex, stop," Norma whispered loudly, her voice cracking.
Alex ignored her and punched Sam. Sam kicked Alex and started getting the upper hand.
Norma quickly ran to the men and pulled Alex away from Sams grip.
Sam laughed wiping the blood from his face, "You're weak. Both of you."
"Alex is not weak! He's stronger than you in every way. He's much smarter too." Norma snapped, now keeping Alex behind her.
Sam got closer to Norma now; his breath burning Norma's skin.
"You're wrong. You've always been wrong. Now answer my question, Norma. Does he know?" Sam asked, quietly.
Norma shook her head as the tears came back, "No- he doesn't know."
"Should I tell him?" Sam chuckled.
Norma looked up into Sams' eyes, pleading that he wouldn't say anything.
Sam smiled and looked over at Alex who was fuming. He had never been more enraged then he was at that moment. How dare this man come into Norma's house? How dare he!
Sam was now in front of Alex, "You're pathetic,".
With that said, Sam punched Alex harder than before, in the stomach. Alex fell, holding his stomach, gasping for air. Sam laughed and kicked Alex in the face, making him hit his head against the counter and unconscious.
Norma looked at Alex and dropped to her knees, shaking him; trying to get him to wake up.
Sam laughed and grabbed Norma's hair, picking her up, and pushing her against the counter.
"You're mine," Sam whispered evil in his eyes and words.
———————
Like & Comment! 💕