Chapter Twelve

Sam picked Norma up, bringing her outside, and walked down the never-ending stairs. Once at the bottom, he threw Norma in the trunk of his car, got in, and drove off. As Sam drove, Norma kicked and screamed at the top of her lungs, hoping that someone was awake that early in the morning.
"Shut up!" Sam yelled.
Norma didn't stop though, she wasn't going to listen to the man that ruined her. After ten more minutes of Norma screaming, Sam was fed up.
"Don't make me pull over! We're in the middle of nowhere, I can easily kill you right now!" Sam yelled.
Norma heard and stopped her fit of screaming. She needed to be alive and stay that way. She wanted to go back home to the man she was closest to. She wanted to go home and laying in bed with her sleeping boys; making sure they weren't having nightmares.
Eventually, Norma had worn herself out after crying for a while. She laid there, her eyes getting heavy, her breathing was getting slower. And just as she was about to allow herself to fall asleep, the trunk door opened.
Sam looked at Norma and laughed, "Get up."
Norma obliged, having no more fight in her.
Sam gripped Norma's shoulders and pulled her out of the trunk, then grabbing her wrists and pulling her to a house that looked run down.
"Wh-where are we?" Norma asked.
Before Norma could say anything, she was brought inside and saw a very familiar face.
"M-Maggie?" Norma asked, her voice cracking.
"Is the room ready?" Sam asked, Maggie.
"You said you wouldn't go after her," Maggie whispered, sadness covering her face.
"Never mind that now, is the room ready or not?" Sam snapped
"Y-Yes," Maggie stuttered, leading Sam and Norma to an almost vacant room.
Maggie left to the kitchen while Sam pushed Norma onto a mattress. The mattress laid on the ground, not having a stand. There was no dresser, no carpet, and the window had bars on the outside; there was no escape.
-
Norma laid on her back as she let the pain slowly leave her body. Sam had had his way with her roughly and Norma couldn't have stopped it. She wanted out of this hell but she couldn't leave; her body was under Sams and the door was locked.
"I bet your sheriff can't do it like I can." Sam laughed, tiredly.
Norma looked to her right, looking at the bare wall. Of course during all of this; Sam was always drunk, no matter what.
-
A week had gone by and Alex still hadn't found Norma. He was taking care of the boys but had Maggie helping him. The boys had started school only a couple of days late due to them wanting their mother.
Alex looked sick some of the days he stayed with the boys. He hardly ever let them leave his sight. He patrolled at the school they went to and made sure they always stayed close by him. The boys didn't seem to mind it; they looked up to Alex as a father figure which Alex loved.
-
Alex was in the kitchen, looking at a map that had marks all over it.
"Alex?" Maggie called, as she walked into the kitchen.
"Hm," Alex responded
"You should eat. The boys are worried sick about you." Maggie stated
"I don't want food, I want Norma back." Alex snapped
"Well she would want you to eat, don't you think?" Maggie asked
"Leave me alone," Alex whispered.
Maggie sighed and left Alex silently crying in the kitchen. He never cried over anything, other than his deceased mother. Norma was his entire world; the love of his life. He was determined to find her.
-
Maggie opened the front door to the sound of screaming and crying. Sam wasn't going easy on Norma. He "promised" Maggie that he wouldn't kill her, but she knew that was a lie. She wanted Norma to live, she wanted to tell Romero where she was, but not yet.
-
Two more weeks had passed by and Norma was still stuck in her situation. Sam would always leave to the bar nearby and strip clubs in Portland. Whenever he was out, Maggie went to Norma to help clean her up; updating her on how her sons were and how Alex was doing.
"Maggie, I need you to tell him I'm here. I'm begging you. Sam isn't like every other abusive guy. He won't stop this until I'm dead and even if I'm dead, he'll still try and get revenge." Norma said, as Maggie cleaned the newly made cuts on Norma's face.
"I'm planning on telling Alex when I leave today, again. I'm tired of hearing you cry and him yelling the same things over and over again." Maggie replied, quietly.
It was silent for a moment before Norma broke it, "How was he today?"
Maggie smiled, "This morning, he made the boys pancakes and brought them to school in his SUV. The boys were ecstatic," Maggie explained.
Norma fell silent, tears falling down her cheeks as she longed to see her beautiful boys and the love of her life.
"Hey, you're gonna get out of here, trust me. Alex is determined to find you. He loves you so much," Maggie whispered, wiping Norma's tears away.
Norma smiled a small smile, "Thank you for telling me that.".
Before Maggie could reply, Sam walked into the house and called for Maggie.
Maggie jumped up and grabbed the first aid kit, running out of the room and to Sam.
Norma heard faint whispering and then a door slam shut.
Sam walked into the bedroom and knelt down in front of Norma, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissed her chest. Norma winced in pain as there was a bruise there.
Sam smiled wickedly and trailed his kisses down her body.
-
"Alex!" Maggie yelled, walking through the door.
"In the kitchen!" Alex yelled, back.
Maggie walked into the kitchen and saw Alex helping the boys with their homework.
"I need to speak with you right now. In private." Maggie said, hurriedly.
"I'll be right back," Alex said sweetly to the boy, as he stood up.
Alex walked over to Maggie and led her to the living room.
"Alright," Alex started, "what is it exactly that you need to tell me?".
Maggie took a deep breath and looked at her feet, "I know where she is." she whispered.
———————
Like & Comment! 💕