|I|

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Marilyn Monroe

Comment , vote, share & add. || Drew in m/m .
____________________________

.: M E R C E D E S :.

"I just can't do it, my son is growing up so fast and..I just don't wanna miss that." I said.

"Ok Mercedes well we understand. We'll just send 3 month's pay and that'll be that." The lady replied, I nodded.

"Ok thank you so much."

"You're so welcome." She said before I hung up. I sighed as I rubbed my hands through my hair.

I had just quit my modeling job. They had me going all over places that were far away from home and I just couldn't keep doing that. Drew was growing up too fast for me to miss half of it, I mean it's already his first day of kindergarten today .

"Mommy can you tie my shoes!" Drew said running in the living room. I smiled as I nodded.

"Yeah come here!" I said as he got in front of me and I bent down beside him. Lexus came out his room. She was 19 now and she lived with us. She was in college and had a job too.

"August said he was coming for his first day." She said , I looked up at her as a stream of nervousness went through my body.

I haven't seen August in 5 years, I refused to . He see Drew all the time but Lexus usually drops him off to him so I wouldn't have to see him. And seeing him now , I'm afraid it will trigger all those emotions again.

I nodded as I tied Drew last shoe before sitting up.

"Well ok.. Thanks for telling me nooow!" I said sarcastically, she shrugged .

"I forgot." She said putting her badge on. "I'm bout to go to work, bye Drew!"

"Bye Aunt LeeLee!" He said as he gave her a hug and she kissed his forehead.

"See ya later Benz!" She said getting her keys, walking out.

I sighed. At least she already got Drew ready.

"So are you ready big boy?" I asked smiling at him as I fixed his shirt.

"Yep! I'm gonna play , and make friends and imma get me a girlfriend." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Nuh uh, no girlfriend!" I said , he nodded.

"I gotta! Daddy said I gotta be like him." I mentally rolled my eyes, what is he teaching my child.

"Well no girlfriend , just get straight A's & B's for momma!" I said kissing his jaw, he nodded.

"Ok moma." He said. Then I heard the doorbell, I slightly rolled my eyes.

"Go get your bag!" I told him as he ran to his room.

I got up and ran my fingers through my curls before opening the door, almost taking my breathe away.

We didn't even say anything, we just kept staring back at each other.

"Daddy!!" Drew yelled as he ran up to him, snapping us out of the trance.

"Hey lil man!" August said , picking him up. That accent still strong.

"Ready fa school?" August asked him before kissing his cheek, Drew nodded.