|XXV|

"And now I'm right back where I started. Sober and miserable."

― Alyson Noel, Evermore

Comment , vote
___________________________

.: A U G U S T :. .

"We're so sorry sir but...she didnt make it." The doctor said tucking his lips. I shook my head as I looked in the room as they covered up her body.

"No! No!" I screamed. I tried to get in the room but security held me back.

"I'm so sorry, I'm sooo sorry. I love you so much Mercedes please." I mumbled trying to get from out of their grip but it was no use. They weren't letting go and she wasn't coming back. She was gone....all because of me !

I held my chest as I woke up from that nightmare. I rubbed my face as I tried to catch my breathe.

"It seemed so real." I mumbled. I looked around the waiting room and saw Zane doing the schmoney dance in front of a caucasian older couple, Dre and Brooke talking in the far corner of the room and Drew still next to me but sleep.

I took a deep breathe before getting up, going to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror before splashing some water in my face. I washed my face and used the restroom , washing my hands then left the bathroom.

I snatched Zane headphones off.

"Nigga sit down, they lookin' at chu like ya retarded." I said, he scoffed snatching his headphones back. He sat down and started chair dancing. I shook my head as I sat back down, leaning my head on my arm.

My leg begin to shake as I grew impatient . They haven't said shit since we got here and that was yesterday evening.

I got up and left the waiting room, looking for a nurse.

"Um exc- wait um ex-" I tried to get someone attention but they'll just cut me off by keep walking. I took a deep breathe, trying to remain calm before I snap.

I put my hands on the front desk as I looked at this lady on the phone. She looked at me , seeing my glare and got off the phone.

"Hold on just a minute. May I help you sir?" She asked, I sarcastically chuckled.

"Ya damn sure ya can help cause aint nobody else in this bitch tryin'."

"Sir calm d-" I put my finger up.

"Nuh uh, I'm calm! Shh! Naa' a woman by da name of Mercedes Diette was brought hea' yesterday from a car wreck and I haven't heard shit bout ha. Can ya give me somethin'?" I asked. She nodded before going into her computer.

"C'mon I'll lead you to her room." She said as she got up. I nodded as I went back into the waiting room.

"Aye!" They all looked at me. "C'mon." I said waving over my shoulder. I picked up the still sleep Drew over my shoulder as they all followed me as I followed this lady.

She finally stopped at room number 5504 and open the door. I heard a loud machine as we walked in. When I saw her I almost dropped Drew, I did this?

"Uhh she's in a coma as of now. We had to rush her into surgery because her lungs had got pierced and was bleeding, making her lose oxygen. We saw she had surgery not too long ago and all this surgery is not good for her body. "

"But foreas right now, she's recovering pretty well she just had to be on a breathing machine and we gotta wait to make sure she comes out the coma, in most cases like this though....most people die in a coma. But we're only hoping for the best but she can still hear you so you may talk to her, she just won't be able to respond ." The nurse explained as she held her hands.