|XIII|

"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."

― Muhammad Ali
Comment , vote, share & add.

____________________________

.: A U G U S T :.

"What's 5+5." I asked Drew. He counted on his fingers.

"10." He said with a smile, I smiled back.

"That's right!" I said giving him a high five.

"Let's do some more!" He said, I sighed..we've been doing this for 30 minutes . Mercedes was sleep next to us , I wore her out last night.

"Let's go play basketball." I said , he nodded.

"I'll go get the ball." He yelled as he ran out, I put my shoes on as I went out the room, closing the door from waking Mercedes. Drew came out , holding the ball as we went outside .

.: M E R C E D E S :.

I woke up from a text. I sighed as I slightly sat up and grabbed my phone from the stand.

From unknown :

I'm sorry Merecedes, please let's work this out .-2:56

To Unknown:

Who is this ? -2:57

From Unknown:

Abel! You deleted my number !!?-2:58

To Unknown:

Listen don't text me. You're bipolar bye! -2:59

He texted again but I didn't respond. I looked around and didnt see August or Drew so I went on and got up from my nap. I put my straightened hair into a ponytail since I didn't have nothing else to do it with, we were at August house .

I went downstairs to the kitchen and got me a bowl of grapes as I heard voices coming .

"Nah you didn't beat dadda' boa, whatchu think this is." I heard August.

"Nuh uh you cheated." Drew said making August chuckle as they came in the kitchen. August put drew down from his shoulders.

"Hey moma!" Drew waved as he got the water bottle August hands him. August drunk from his .

"Sup!" August said as he kissed my cheek.

"Come on Drew!" I said grabbing his hand as I took him to his room. He had a room here too. I got him out some clothes before running his bath water.

"Moma do you play basketball?" He asked as I made sure the water was a good temperature.

"No I'm going to leave that with you and your daddy." I said . I left him to his bath as I went back upstairs to August room with my grapes.

I sat on the bed criss cross and watched Jessie. August came out with just a towel wrapped around his waist and water dripping down him.

"Um.." I mumbled turning away.

"What?" He asked coming beside me. I pushed him back.

"Gone naa' August." I said throwing another grape in my mouth.