Chapter 3: Arrival

Minho had fallen asleep on the helicopter as soon as they all stopped talking. It was nearly 2 a.m. and he had literally just run for his life, so as soon as the adrenaline had worn off, he passed out. He woke up suddenly when someone shook his shoulder, and he sat up quickly. It took him a moment to process his surroundings.

He looked to his left and saw it was Youngjae who woke him up. "We've landed at the academy. JYP is going to want to talk with you since you are going to be staying here for a while," he said calmly to Minho, causing him to relax. His grogginess was wearing off, and he began to remember all the events that took place just a few hours ago.

He sighed, still exhausted, but got up to exit the helicopter, anyways. Once outside, he noticed it was still slightly dark and the sun was only just starting to make its way into the sky. Jackson and Mark were already outside of the helicopter, checking the exterior for any damage. Everyone else exited behind Minho, and for the first time since meeting them, he could take a good look at them.

The first thing that stood out to him was how tall Yugyeom was. From listening to their conversation earlier, Minho knew he was born in 1997, which made him only a year older than himself, but the height difference between the two was laughable. Mark seemed a lot smaller than he initially thought, and Jackson had a lot more muscle than he was expecting. His eyes moved from Yugyeom to JB and noticed JB was sporting a mullet, which didn't look too bad on him. Jinyoung approached JB and gave him a kiss on the cheek which caused the former to blush a slight red. When he turned from JB towards the light with a slight smirk of satisfaction on his face, Minho could see how princely Jinyoung's features were, and he almost gasped. 

"They're together," Youngjae pointed out to Minho when he caught him staring at them.

Minho quickly looked away and turned towards Youngjae, realizing his ogling could be considered rude but was taken aback by the smile on Youngjae's face. He had similar facial features to JB, but his smile radiated as if he was sunshine himself.

Minho's thoughts were interrupted when a new guy came running towards them in an obvious state of rage, shouting, "I can't believe you guys went on a mission without me! Do I mean nothing to you guys?"

"Ahh, Bambam. Nice of you to join us. What are you doing awake this early?" Mark said with abundant sarcasm to his tone.

"I never went to sleep! I've been awake waiting for you lot to return and explain to me how you could betray me like this," says the man Minho assumed was the person they had left behind and were talking about in the helicopter.

"Chan is rubbing off on you, I see," Jackson says quietly just so a few could hear.

"But it's not our fault. We couldn't find you and we were in a rush," Jinyoung explained.

"I call bullshit. Mark hyung could have gotten in touch with me immediately if he really tried to, he just wanted to leave me behind," Bambam accused.

"Even if he had told you, it would have taken too long for you to get to us. I made the decision as the leader to just go ahead with the operation without you," JB finally said with a level head. Unfortunately, Bambam still had one more person to grill.

He stepped forwards toward Yugyeom with the aura of a prince about to go to war, aiming a pointed finger at the taller boy's chest. "And you! How could you let them leave me?! I'm your boyfriend for fuck's sake. You should be standing up for me," the shorter ridiculed as he poked his finger into Yugyeom's chest repeatedly.

"Kiss and make up?" he responded innocently with a mischievous smile on his face as he looked down and grabbed the hand that had been attacking him.