Chapter 14: Joining the Fray

Back in the van.

Woojin, Changbin, Felix, and Seungmin had only been gone a few minutes when Jisung's humming was cut off by the sound of Chan cursing.

"Shit. Changbin, someone had already looped the cameras."

Jisung quickly sat up to see what was happening and Jeongin followed suit, both gathering just behind Chan and his laptop. Chan was aggressively typing code into his computer while mumbling nonsense about some attacker.

"What? What happened? Did Felix teleport them into the wrong room or something?" Jisung questioned, curious as to what was happening.

"Ha, no. I think that might have been better than this. Someone is trying to hack me," Chan said as he continued struggling with his keyboard.

"Hack?! Will you be able to stop them?" Jeongin frantically asked.

"Don't worry, Jeongin. They're good, but I'm better. It's just concerning because they managed to cut off our com network as soon as I made that call to Changbin."

Suddenly, Felix appeared out of nowhere next to all three of them in the passenger seat of the van which caused Jisung to scream slightly and Jeongin to jump.

"Dammit, Felix. You're not supposed to do that right fucking next to us. It's freaky," scolded Jisung as he puffed his cheeks in anger.

"Sorry, it's just the coms cut out and we didn't know what to do. What did you mean someone already looped the camera?" Felix apologized.

"I meant someone was already in the system, looping the cameras, so when I plugged in, it gave them access to my server and now they are trying to freaking corrupt my whole hard drive," Chan let out a laugh that was begging for his opponent to challenge him. "Not today, mate. Not today."

He continued his virtual battle for a few more minutes causing tension in the car as the three youngers didn't know what was happening or how to help. When he finally shouted out a victory cheer, it caused everyone to snap their focus to Chan. "Yes! That was a lot harder than it needed to be, but I should have access to all the live feeds of the cameras now."

Chan pulled up the live videos on his laptop screen since he had regained the ability to do so. He was hoping to find that Hyunjin, Minho, Woojin, and Seungmin were making it back to the security room with the newly freed Gifteds, but a camera overlooking an entirely different part of the prison caught his eye first. He enlarged the video feed coming from the recreation yard to get a better look, but what they saw caused all four boys to gasp.

They were faced with Minho fighting a mysterious boy in an outside area. Minho appeared to be winning the fight at first glance and about to deliver his final blow when a giant blast of static energy blasted him backward. As he landed roughly, Jisung's heart tightened at seeing the sight. He had to do something.

"Felix. Teleport me in." Jisung said faintly while still staring at the live video. He didn't know why he said it so quietly when all he really wanted to do was scream. When he didn't get a response he finally was able to flip his eyes from the screen to Felix, "Take me in now!" He shouted desperately.

The freckled boy looked flustered and looked to Chan for what to do. The older gave him a reassuring nod. ' Everything has gone sideways anyways. Looks like you'll get your action, Jisung,' Chan thought.

"Hurry up, Felix!" Jisung added again, this time grabbing Felix's arm and shaking it for extra encouragement. With that final prompting, Felix rested his own arm on Jisung's shoulder and teleported them both back to the security room.

The moment they were inside, Jisung took off through the recently opened door, leaving no time to acknowledge anyone or anything else going on. There wasn't time for that right now. He just needed to be fast. Go faster! He ran through the prison, pushing his gift to its limit. He prayed that he was going the right way, but he was only navigating based on his memory of the layout he examined beforehand. Please get there on time.