Chapter 24: Celebration

Everyone met up at the front of the department store once they had found everything they needed and checked out. Minho's jaw just about dropped when he saw the total price of everything and was about to object to them spending that much money on him when Chan pulled a golden credit card out of his pocket and had everything paid for before Minho even got the chance.

"Woah. JYP gave you his personal credit card?!" Hyunjin said in a shouted whisper. "I think I can count the number of people he's lent his card to on one hand. Are you his actual son or what?"

Chan laughed sheepishly, "You're over exaggerating, Hyunjin. It really isn't that big of a deal."

"You all really didn't have to spend that much money on me. Like I said before, I don't mind shopping cheap. What all did you guys even buy for it to cost that much?"

"School supplies are expensive," Changbin shrugged.

"And also Jisung went a little all out on your skin care routine and products. He was looking through just about everything looking for what works best and had the best smells while mumbling to himself weirdly," Hyunjin said to call Jisung out.

"It was honestly scary," Jeongin added. "Like he was possessed."

"You did?" Minho asked, turning to Jisung.

"Y-yeah," Jisung stuttered as his eyes looked around widely like he was trying to think of something quickly. "Like Woojin said before! There's no reason to still be cheap! The academy exists to make your life better, and that starts with taking care of your body well, so you're welcome."

All while Jisung was ranting, his cheeks and chest kept puffing out in the most adorable way all while he was waving his hands all about. Jisung was being too cute for Minho to disagree with, so instead, he just nodded, "Fair enough."

"I don't care that if you don't think you deserve it, I think you deserve the w-," Jisung started to shout back before pausing. "Oh, you agree with me?"

"You made a valid argument, so sure."

"Great, they're talking again," Seungmin suddenly said with mock enthusiasm. "Can we go get food now?"

Everyone cheered at the mention of food and grabbed a shopping bag so that they could start to head out. All except Jisung who was still in a huff about the fact Hyunjin and Seungmin kept trying to call him out. 'Can't they just mind their own business?'

Everyone had left through the front door except Minho who turned around to Jisung.

"You coming or you just gonna get left behind?" Minho asked with a teasing smirk on his face.

"I-I'm coming," Jisung said as he jogged to catch up to Minho, and then they both made their way to the bus.

They hadn't driven very far when Chan brought the bus to a halt again, this time outside a quaint little restaurant that had a nice patio to the side where they could see a few customers eating outside. The windows that covered most of the restaurant's front and sides of the building were all decorated with greenery and flowers. It seemed really cozy.

Chan walked up to the front of the door where there was an older woman behind a podium. She looked up from whatever task she was working on, and as soon as she made eye contact with Chan, her face broke out into the biggest smile.

"Bang Chan! Welcome back!" she shouted cheerfully as she came around the podium and gave Chan a motherly hug. "I didn't expect to see you back so soon, but I am glad that you did so that I can thank you and your friends for helping me fix my patio roof last time you all were here. That would have been a nightmare had it started to rain. Oh, are Bambam and Jimin not with you today?"