Chapter 20: First Classes

"You must be the new student, Minho," the older lady said as she turned her attention away from her son and towards Minho instead. "I am Mrs. Yang, Jeongin's mother."

    "H-hello, ma'am," Minho stuttered as he bowed to the older to show respect. He had somewhat expected the teachers here to be Normies since the oldest Gifted is only twenty-six, so it is not like there would be many qualified Gifteds to teach. What he certainly wasn't expecting was for the teacher to be a parent. "Nice t-to meet you."

    "A shy one, aren't we?" she said before turning around and walking into the classroom.

    Chan, who was still standing next to Minho, could see how shocked the younger looked as he looked from their teacher then to Jeongin. "Both of Jeongin's parents are teachers here at the academy. Mrs. Yang teaches math and then Jeongin's dad teaches history. They were professors before they met JYP at a secret pro-Gifted rights political meeting about two and a half years ago. I'm guessing they were very active in those types of communities because of Jeongin, and with him being a Rank 4, I'm sure they had it a lot worse than most families with a Gifted child, having more restrictions and all."

    Minho nodded to acknowledge he had heard what the older said, but he was still wrapping his head around the new discovery. "I guess I just didn't expect for any Gifted's family to be that normal," he finally managed to say.

    "Yeah, well, Mr. and Mrs. Yang also sacrificed a lot for Jeongin's sake. It takes a certain strength to do what they did," Chan said before he left Minho to take his seat in the classroom.

"Alright everyone, it's already 8:45, so let's get class started. It's been a bit of time since I saw you all last, so let's start by checking over your homework assignments," announced Mrs. Yang.

    A groan could be heard coming from Felix's direction as he tossed his backpack onto the floor and sunk into a desk, trying to make himself as small as possible. 'What would happen if I just disappeared? I could if I really wanted to.' he thought to himself.

    As Minho made his way into the room, he got a better look at the details of it. There was a large, older and fancier desk at the back of the room, that was neatly organized with papers and files. Behind the desk on the back wall, there was a large whiteboard, framed by two windows that looked out over the front yard of the mansion. Then, in front of the larger desk were five rows of smaller student desks. Twenty-five student desks in total. As everyone else was filing into the front two rows of the room, Jisung gently grabbed ahold of Minho's arm.

    "The seat next to mine has always been empty, so you can sit here if you'd like," he said as he dragged Minho to a seat directly behind Chan and to the left of Jisung.

    "Oh!" Chan suddenly shouted aloud, turning everyone's attention to the leader. "I just remembered what I was forgetting. We still need to get Minho his own stuff. He has been borrowing clothes and whatnot since he got here." He turned around to talk to Minho directly. "We will go with you to get new stuff after our afternoon class. You need a backpack, too."

    "Does this mean we are going to town?" Felix asked as he perked up a bit out of his seat.

    "Yup."

    Chan's confirmation caused everyone, excluding Minho (again), to get all excited until Mrs. Yang called for everyone's attention. She proceeded to check everyone's assignments, stopping to give Felix a lecture on 'time management' when he said he didn't have his completed. Once she was done, she walked over to the whiteboard, asked if anyone had any questions on their assignment, and when Hyunjin asked for her to explain a certain problem, she worked it out for him on the board.