Chapter 21: Lunch Antics

"That's not going to work, Brian. You can't blind a tree," he heard a voice say, but it was in English, so Minho only understood a bit.

"It's Young K! Young! K! Not that hard a concept, Jae," another voice retaliated.

Fighting and cheering continued going on around him. Everyone shouting out one of their two names, cheering for the winner. Once Minho could see again, everyone else seemed to be fine. He guessed everyone else had known to not look directly at the one who was currently holding balls of lights in his two hands and throwing the small spheres of focused light at a... walking tree? Behind the tree was a tall male wearing a large framed pair of glasses, and he looked as if he was the one controlling the tree.

"Aissh. I don't know who I should be cheering for," Seungmin worriedly said as he looked between the two fighting before deciding to just cheer for both. "Go Jae hyung! Young K, kick his ass!"

"Uwu, it is so cute when you fanboy, Minnie," Hyunjin said with hearts in his eyes.

"More like embarrassing," Jeongin said."And you and your not so subtle crush on Jinyoung hyung are no better." He added as he pokes Hyunjin in his side.

Woojin, who was focusing on the fight, asked, "Shouldn't we like... try to stop them before they get out of hand?"

"I can freeze them if you want," offered Changbin.

"You know, I am debating that right now," Chan responded. "I'm sure Sungjin hyung will show up soon, though, since the whole school is practically here."

And their leader wasn't wrong. The whole school was there. Minho estimated about a hundred boys and girls scattered around the yard, not including the ones that were probably watching from the windows of the mansion. They were all a range of ages, some even looking to be only old enough for primary school. It was definitely a lot more people than Minho had originally thought attended the academy based on his initial impression of the building.

All of the students were smiling happily and cheering, completely surrounded by different groups of friends. 'Are all these people really Gifteds?' Minho thought to himself. He was having trouble comprehending the reality of hundreds of Gifteds living and laughing together just like any normal kid their ages. It was like he was dreaming.

His attention was pulled from his surroundings, back to the fight, when the Gifted, who was insisting on going by the name Young K, finally got his hands on the base of the moving tree. Shortly after, the tree trunk started to radiate light—sunray like beams bursting from newly forming holes in the trunk—until the entire plant exploded. Cheers erupted from the spectators.

Once the tree was no longer between him and the taller male, Jae, Young K stomped up to the taller boy and poked the front of his chest.

"You are so infuriating," huffed the shorter with a pout on his lips. This just caused Jae to smirk in response.

"What can I say? Young K just doesn't roll off the tongue well, and you're hot when you're angry."

After saying those words, Jae moved to give Young K a bear hug and the shorter just stood there for a second before hugging him back. The moment was almost heart melting if not for the booing crowd that began to interrupt as a result of the fight not continuing.

"Fight it out till the end," someone shouted.

"We want to see who would win!" another voice hollered.

Meanwhile, all the booing and shouts of disapproval only caused Jae to laugh.

"Maybe we should keep fighting it out to give the people what they asked for?" Jae suggested, only for Young K to roll his eyes obviously. "What do you say, Brian?"