Chapter 6: The Briefing

Jisung turned over in his bed as someone aggressively shook his shoulder. "Five more minutes, Chan hyung. Some of us actually sleep."

"I'm not Chan, you idiot," Felix said as he slapped the sleepy boy's head.

Jisung shifted again to lay on his back and blinked in a daze up at the freckled boy, his brown hair spreading across his pillow. "Is it really okay for an idiot to call other people idiots?" He questioned as he slowly regained his bearings.

"Oh, shut up. The team is getting briefed in the lounge for its first official mission and you're up here dreaming about who knows what kind of crazy stuff." Jisung sat up quickly in his bunk bed at the mention of a mission.

"Well, why didn't you all wake me up sooner!" he exclaimed. Once fully awake, the world took off at the fast pace Jisung is used to. He hopped down from his top bunk in a blur and disappeared into the bathroom.

Felix shook his head in disbelief and then moved onto the next sleeping beauty on the bottom bunk. "HWANG HYUNGJIN WAKE UP!" he shouted as loud as he could into the princely boy's ear. Surprised as hell, Hyunjin's eyes flung open and he was left staring into the blonde's eyes. "Get up Hyunjinnie. We have a mission," Felix added with an innocent smile then threw the covers from off of the shocked boy.

Hyunjin sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes. He groaned, but got out of bed and walked towards their bathroom. Just as he was about to open the door, Jisung ran back through it into the bedroom at superhuman speed, nearly knocking Hyunjin onto his butt and causing a gust of wind to knock things over and onto the floor around the room.

"Oi! You're not supposed to use your gift in our dorm! You know Seungmin will yell at you for causing everything to blow around everywhere because of your speed, and you know how loud he is when he nags," the taller boy scolded as his mind became more fully awake.

"It's fine, it's fine. I'll just clean it up before he gets back up here. Besides, he deserves it for not bothering to wake us up. I mean, we finally get a mission, and he just forgets to include us. The nerve!" Jisung ranted as he quickly threw on a pink hoodie and black ripped jeans for the day. He had been waiting so long for a chance to go on a more intense mission, always loving adventure. The intel missions he had gone on with Chan and Changbin were great experience, but they all lacked the speed and intensity that Jisung was looking for.

Ever since the accident, the world never seemed to slow down in Jisung's eyes. This was somewhat ironic considering people with superspeed usually see the world more slowly since they are always faster than what's around them, but it wasn't like that for Jisung. He needed it fast. So he was always moving ahead quickly to the next excitement, the next experience. And now, finally, JYP was letting them go on a mission!

Once Hyunjin had finished getting ready in the bathroom, he decided to just throw a hoodie over the T-shirt and sweatpants he had worn to bed, knowing that Jisung was starting to get impatient. Felix walked over and grabbed Hyunjin's arm, ready to jump downstairs.

"Race you down there!" the excited squirrel shouted as he dashed out of the room and caused even more papers on the desks to fly everywhere.

"Seungmin is going to be so upset," Hyunjin said again, not sounding too disappointed.

*****

Han ran down the two flights of stairs to the lounge room. A grin crossed his face when he looked through the open double doors and saw that Felix hadn't transported Hyunjin and himself there yet. With a sudden whoosh, he made it into the room, sending everyone's hair flying about. A second later Felix appeared in front of the couch holding onto Hyunjin. Jisung was about to rub his victory into the blonde's face when his eyes caught the movement of someone in the windowsill seat.