Chapter 13: Betrayal

Ten minutes before Woojin, Seungmin, and Hyunjin found Minho's cell empty.

Since night had rolled around, Minho was expecting the rest of the team to arrive any minute. That's why he wasn't too surprised when the door to his cell made a click then began to open. It was the person who opened the door that surprised him.

Minho scoffed as Jaehwa came into view in the doorway instead of Woojin or Seungmin. There was a moment of silence where the two just exchanged stares before he eventually spoke. "I already knew you were an asshole, but I didn't think you were a traitorous asshole," Minho said in disgust.

"Technically, I'm not a traitor if I was never loyal to BTS and the rest of you in the first place," Jaehwa responded with a condescending grin.

"Ah, I see. You were a spy. I'm guessing you were responsible for the raid, then? I considered the possibility since you were the newest runaway BTS had taken in, and my suspicions were only strengthened when I saw Beomgyu and Taehyun locked up here when they should've gotten away thanks to you."

"You always were a clever one, weren't you? Too bad you noticed too late," said Jaehwa as he moved aside and gestured for Minho to come with him. "Care to follow me?"

"Why should I?"

The younger laughed, "it's not like you have much of a choice. I'm the one with access to my gifts whereas you'll be zapped unconscious if you even try."

Minho glared at him a bit more before eventually walking out of his cell and letting Jaehwa close it behind him. He started walking down the hallway, away from the security room. Good.

To be honest, Minho couldn't care less about the fact he couldn't use his gifts. He could still manage to beat Jaehwa without them as long as he dodged all of the younger's attacks. No, the reason he had decided to follow Jaehwa, despite him being a grade A jackass, was because he knew that Woojin and Seungmin would be there soon, and he didn't want Jaehwa getting in the way of their plan. He was stalling.

As they walked towards the back part of the prison the two of them passed quite a few guards. When they first ran into one, Minho had expected an altercation, but instead, the guard bowed to Jaehwa despite him being much younger. And Jaehwa didn't bow back. 'What the hell is going on here?'

Minho figured Jaehwa had been spying for the IPBA since they were the ones who raided the hideout, but something didn't feel right to him. Why would any Gifted willingly work for the IPBA? And why would Normies be treating a Gifted with any form of respect?

Eventually, the two made it outside to the open air of the recreation yard. Jaehwa stopped walking once he was standing in the middle, and Minho followed suit. After a brief time of Jaehwa just staring straight ahead, away from Minho, he turned around to face the older.

Minho was trying to figure out what Jaehwa was thinking when the silence was interrupted by Jaehwa's sudden words. "You know, Minho, I thought the night of the raid was the last I would ever see you once I was told you disappeared into thin air. The idea didn't bother me, and I couldn't care less since I guess you could say we never hit it off."

"I wonder why?" Minho sarcastically interrupted, but Jaehwa didn't seem fazed.

"What I sure as hell didn't expect was my boss's reaction to your name when I was giving them my report." Minho tensed. "Who knew that the quiet, brooding kid, doing BTS's bidding, was their most wanted Gifted?" He paused for a moment to gauge Minho's reaction. "Dead or alive."

"Cerberus," the brown haired boy muttered into the dark.

"Oh ho, you know their name? That alone is a reason they would want you dead, but I have a feeling there is more to it. Care to share?"