Chapter 11: Reunion

Just before they arrived at the prison, Hyunjin and Minho heard Jimin bang on the outside transport truck, signaling for them to act sedated. They both looked at each other for reassurance one last time then laid down and closed their eyes, making it look like they were asleep. It wasn't long until the vehicle stopped, and they could hear someone unlocking and opening the truck doors.

    "The tranquilizers should be wearing off soon, so I would put the collars on them as soon as possible," said someone who sounded like Jimin, and Minho assumed she was talking to the prison guards. Soon enough, he felt something cold and hard wrap its way around his neck. It took a lot of self control to not attack the guard who was responsible for the feeling. His body was then moved to a stretcher, and they were on the move.

    He was eventually set down on what felt like a bed, and he could feel someone handcuffing his wrist to the side. Once a believable amount of time passed, he slowly opened his eyes. His gaze was immediately meet by the eyes of an older man who was sternly staring him down. He thought if anyone else had awoken to the sight, they would have been terrified, but Minho refused to give him the satisfaction. There was something in the way the man looked at him like he was a piece of garbage that made his blood boil.

Instead, he made a show of sleepily rubbing his eyes and looking around the rest of the room to gain knowledge of his surroundings. They were currently in what appeared to be an infirmary, and, as he had suspected, his wrist was handcuffed to the railing of the bed he was in. Hyunjin was still pretending to be asleep on the cot next to him in a similar detained state.

"Glad you could finally join me," the man suddenly interrupted Minho's curious examination of the room. The boy sat up and turned to face the man.

"The pleasure is all mine," he added with a bit of sass and a smirk. The older gave no reaction but continued staring daggers at Minho. The man's gaze only turned away from him when they both heard the rattling of Hyunjin's handcuffs, alerting them he was 'waking up' as well. As soon as the younger opened his eyes, he reacted just as Minho had thought someone would have: he freaked out in response to locking eyes from the scowling man and quickly sat up. It seemed like he had also forgotten he was cuffed because he pulled really hard with his arm, only to grimace in pain because the metal cut into his skin.

Once the two of them were sitting up and obviously awakened, the scowling man proceeded to speak.

"Welcome to Seoul Reformatory, Prisoner 903 and Prisoner 905. I am the warden specifically in charge of the Gifted building at this penitentiary and as long as you follow our few strict rules we will get along famously," the warden stated with a completely straight face. After his introduction, he continued to list out the various rules of the prison. Number one being they couldn't use their gifts or else the collar around their necks would deliver a shock which would immediately incapacitate them. He continued to explain other general rules, schedules, and punishments, but Minho didn't care to pay attention since he only had to be here until tonight.

After a bit of time, the warden finished. He made them acknowledge they understood everything, and then had a guard remove their handcuffs. The warden had taken off as soon as he was finished giving his welcoming speech, and Hyunjin and Minho were escorted to the prison cafeteria since it was lunch time anyway. When they walked into the room, the first thing that surprised them was the amount of people who were there. You would think there wouldn't be too many Gifted kids in jail considering they only make up one percent of the population, but there were too many for Minho to count scattered around the large and loud cafeteria. There were guards posted every ten yards or so apart from each other bordering the edge of the room, ready in case an incident occurred.

"So how are we planning to find the four people we are looking for with this many people?" asked Hyunjin once the guard left them to wander the cafeteria alone.