EPISODE 10 - The Cure

"I'm afraid the Klam Therapy Theatre is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy." 

Original UK broadcast: November 23rd, 1969 (ATV Midlands)

Written by: Pat Dunlop

Directed by: Leo Eaton

Regular cast: Father Unwin, Matthew, The Bishop, Mrs. Appleby, Blake

Additional voice cast:

Dr. E.H. Klam Gary Files
Sakov David Healy
Burrows Keith Alexander
Pete Mackintosh Jeremy Wilkin
Nurse David Healy
Kalin Gary Files
Dave Marden Keith Alexander
Minister Jeremy Wilkin

Sakov, one of Europe's most astute freelance agents, is trailed by Blake to Greenways Nursing Home, a health farm run by chief therapist Dr. Klam. When Bishop assigns Father Unwin to find out what his plans are. Sakov engineers the crash of a GK2 test car at a nearby race track, but Unwin is baffled as to how he managed to escape the confines of Klam's therapy theatre to carry out his sabotage... 

An amusing episode, there is of course much to enjoy from this episode from the carrots to the machine that Father Unwin is tied up into the race itself. In a review by historian Nicholas J Cull, he points out that particularity in The Cure were references to the Cold War, especially that the character of Sakov is Russian. David Healy provides his last guest roles in the series being unavailable for further episodes to record. Agent Blake makes his final appearance in the series, with the puppet of Captain Ochre being used one more time as Burrows in the episode. Incidental music from this episode draws upon tracks from earlier episodes of SUPERMARIONATION, like from The Golden Sea (Stingray) and King For A Day (Joe 90).