9. Pre-production

With the concept now mapped out and decided, it was time to commence pre-production. Century 21 Studios had to keep everyone employed, so they needed to make a follow-up to Joe 90, in the same way, Joe 90 began production very shortly after Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. Many people would assume the same roles as they had on the previous series. Pre-production began towards the end of Joe 90's run. Ideas had to be made, scripts had to be written, the voice team who was quickly contracted once again had to voice the episodes, which had to be edited for the puppets to use and be synchronized. The new puppets had to be sculpted as well. 

However, because the team followed on so quickly from the last show it meant that they would have had the least time to prepare for it, which may also a reason why so many sets, props and puppets were utilised throughout the series. Perhaps the odd puppet would be given a new hairstyle or glasses or moustache. Joe 90 finished production on Friday 16th August 1968, with much of the last few episodes of that series being used for preparation and filming for the new series. Finally, on Tuesday 20th August, the show had begun filming...