12. Post-production

Now that the episodes had been filmed, it was now time to put them in the can and show off that most important episode to Lew Grade, head of ITC. The music was provided, naturally, by Barry Gray at his studios with the music editing being provided by George Randall - who first worked on Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. He would sometimes have to draw upon tracks from earlier Anderson shows in order for suitable music. Other sounds would be made by Peter Pennell, as supervising sound editor, with Tony Roper being the credited sound editor. The overall supervising editor of The Secret Service would be under the supervision of Alan Killick. He had first worked on Joe 90, going onto to work on UFO, Space 1999, Terrahawks and Space Police. Post-production continued as smoothly as usual for the rest of the series, with A Case For The BISHOP being the first episode to go through the post-production. However, after the cancellation of the series, when the series finished production on 24th January 1969, post-production continued on the last episodes. One reason why the Anderson shows were so expensive to make was the amount of editing that had to be made to these programs in order to make them perfect to be shown. Imagine without that excellent editing team how the shows would be less superior in comparison with other programs going out at the same time, but really wouldn't have made much difference at this point...