idolsˎˊ˗

this looks like a stock photo ahaha 

smitheryees

like you'd get this picture if you searched up "british boy and a ferris wheel" or something

y/n's POV

I sighed as I looked in the mirror of my dressing room, looking at my hair and fixing it with my hands. The lights around the frame flickered green, giving a sign that there were fifteen minutes until I had to head to the wings for the stage. I glanced down at the stage list for the interview order, waiting behind stage at the Jimmy Fallon show, for my turn to be on stage with my co-star and idol, Tom Holland. We were going to be alongside another actor couple, Emily Blunt and John Krakinski, who were rumored to be in a new sequel to A Quiet Place. 

They had somehow managed to nab us both before Avengers:Endgame, and I was here to make sure that Tom wouldn't be a Spoiler-Boy again. I wasn't ready though, as during filming, I was never at the set at the same time as Tom was, making sure that he didn't know me as well, or I didn't know him.So I was insanely nervous.

I had already been an intense fan of Tom before I had been cast as Blaze, a brand new character for the movies. So it was overwhelming to be here. The lights pulsed and shimmered, signaling the ten-minute mark. I could hear the audience's laughter from here, as they were occupied with Brie Larson for her movie, Captain Marvel. I gulped anxiously, seeing the lights flick red and white, the signal for five minutes. Get to the wings. 

I stood up from the table, seeing my phone flicker with a notification and my wallpaper appear. It was Tom, on a hand-made aesthetic wallpaper. I checked the first message, and my heart leapt into my throat. 

(xxx)xxx-xxxx

Is this y/n? It's tom. Brie gave me your number so we could connect before the show.

I took a sharp exhale and walked out of the dressing room, texting Tom quickly that I'd meet him in the wings. I paced through the winding long hallways that were backstage, with plenty of dark spaces. I sped up a bit and ended up in the wings, seeing a familiar British face standing off to the side, watching the stagehands run everywhere. 

I took a deep breath and walked up to him, tapping him on the shoulder and giving him the most charming smile I had. "Hi, Tom!" He turned around, and his face contorted into a wide smile. "Hey, y/n! Did you get my text? I asked Brie for your number so we could talk before." I laughed. "Yeah, Brie's always been open with my secrets. I think she'd give my number to any fan who asked for it." 

Tom laughed, shuddering at the same time. "That's be a nightmare. Y'know, the fans having our numbers." I cringed at the thought. "Most of my fans are super sweet, but some of them..." Tom nodded, knowing what I was going to say. "I've never seen you on set. But I've seen some of your movies!" I smiled, the fangirl in me rising up. "I've watched Homecoming too many times, Tom!" As we both blushed and laughed, two stagehands ran up to us, pushing us towards the stage. "It's your turn, Tom and y/n!" I walked up to the edge, seeing Emily and John on the other side, holding hands. 

We both walked on stage, Tom and I waving happily and cheering with the audience. Emily and John walked towards us, also waving and smiling. We both stood in front of the two loveseats, waving until the Applause sign faded back to black in front of us. Tom and I sat down, facing Jimmy as Emily and John held each other's hands, John's arm around Emily's waist. 

Jimmy waved his hands and looked at us, starting with some good banter and a story about him. Tom and I laughed at all the right moments, cheering and asking questions right on cue. After a bit, Jimmy turned towards the camera. "Now, let's talk to our celebrity couple!" I turned towards the actual celebrity couple, but Jimmy was facing Tom and I, looking expectant. I smiled nervously, looking sideways at Tom. Luckily, he quickly covered with a small anecdote about what it was like filming with RDJ.