unrequited.ˎˊ˗

short angst for peter, since i'm feeling sad.

and it's in third person. whoooo.

smitheryees

-------------------------------------------------------

y/n looked on at Peter Parker's laughing face. she studied his features with a softness in her eyes that not many people got to see.

she sat at the edge of the table, her chin propped in her hand, a Study In Scarlet in her other hand. MJ sat next to her, smiling and shaking her head as she noticed her friend gazing on at Peter. 

MJ looked behind her, and winced. She quickly looked you, but it was too late. You had already noticed the change. 

Peter's eyes filled with an admiration and a desire that y/n had never seen before or had the chance of glimpsing. y/n looked at the person he had looked at, and her heart sunk.

the girl who had just walked in was Liz Toomes, and she was one of the most popular girls in school, as well as one of the prettiest. peter's eyes followed her as she walked past, his mouth hanging open. 

y/n managed to push her sadness and disappointment down, long enough for her to reach over and use a lithe finger to push peter's chin upwards, closing his mouth and letting her finger linger for a little longer than normal, but she quickly retreated back.

y/n sighs, looking down. 

nothing she's done so far has gotten her Peter's attention. 

-two weeks later, after the whole Vulture fight-

y/n stood beside peter, an arm around his shoulders as he watched liz walk away. peter brushed her arm off, causing a throb of pain to spike though y/n's heart, and walked over towards liz, where he gently cupped liz's cheek.

peter continued staring after liz's path, long after she had gone.

peter's didn't even notice when y/n disappeared.

MJ found y/n in a bathroom stall, sobbing her heart out. MJ asked her what was wrong, with a dose of unexpected sweetness in her voice. her answer broke her heart, and MJ hugged her.

"p-peter won't notice me, mj. he never will. "

love making you guys cry lmao

-L