𝐈𝐈𝐈

👀🍵

. . .

. . .

Eva
A week prior.

Walking down Gwangju's bombarded streets, Eva avoids Holden's gaze, staring down at her shoes as they slide past the concrete. Ignoring her step-mother's bickering.

"I think he will be the perfect man for you, my darling." The stepmother smiles, quickly noticing Eva's inactiveness.

"We're you even listening to me?" She raised her voice as she grabbed Eva's ear, causing the young woman to wince at the hard pinch on her sensitive skin.

"Yes, yes, I-I was listening."

Holden lets go of her ear as she continues her journey forward. Slowly, Eva follows.

Walking side by side, Holden turns over to look at Eva, "Are you fluent in Korean Eva?" She asks.

"Yes," Her step-daughter mumbles. Just in time, a chubby little boy ran into Holden, knocking her down to her butt.

As Holden scolds the boys, Eva makes a run from it. Away from this crazy bitch named Holden. She has always done this.

Eva let's out a giggle, looking back at the anger on that bitch's face, before getting lost in the crowd. It was joyful.

But, it came to an end once Eva turns back, bumping into someone, causing both to fall. Eva tries to contain another giggle as the man rushes up to help her, "I - I. My apologies, my lady." the man studders in English, bowing. Eva couldn't help but let out a giggle, dusting off her dress, "It's nothing to fret about."