Chapter 3

Jacob POV

 Things were going so well. I had my mate living with me. My pack was happy with their Luna. Eric actually wasn't calling me threatening to ruin my existence if I ever hurt his precious peanut. What kind of name is peanut? Maybe she looked like a peanut when she was born? 

I got the first threat after Sarah had been in the Alpha's house for three days. 

Better watch your Luna closely. She may disappear right before your eyes.

What they fuck did that mean?! Someone was threatening to take my mate away and I didn't know who! I was still growling when the girl I thought I was going to marry answered the phone.

"Is there a reason why you're growling at me? You're lucky Eric didn't answer or he'd drive over there and bite you." I chuckled as I listened to my now best friend go on and on about what her alpha mate would do to me. We actually got along like siblings. Which is a little awkward seeing how I was trying to force her to marry me. 

"Ali, shut up." I tried to hold in my laughter when I heard her gasp and even heard a growl. Guess Eric was in the room with her. "You've done it now! Eric heard you and is looking for his keys as we speak! Don't tell him I stuffed them down my shirt." She whispered the last sentence but then I heard a squeak then a gasp then yelling. "How dare you put your hand down my shirt without permission!" There was a thud then some muffled yelling and grunting. Which meant Ali dropped the phone and was now beating up her poor mate. 

I put the phone on speaker then leaned back in my seat, sighing as I not so patiently waited for Ali to stop abusing Eric. I was lost in my thoughts when the door to my office suddenly opened to show my pouting mate. 

"What's wrong princess?" Sarah pretended to sniffle as she walked over to me and sat herself on my lap. Now I know why Ali was always in Eric's lap. It's like heaven. "Michael won't make me one of his sandwiches." She told me before burrying her face in my neck. For some reason, Michael makes unbelievable sandwiches and that's all Sarah has eaten in the past three days. Sandwiches and water. There were burgers and steak one night but she turned them down and wouldn't talk to anyone till Mike made his sandwiches for her. 

Michael. Come in my office please.

I heard him huff in my head as he stomped his feet all the way from the kitchen and into the doorway of my office. "Yes alpha?" He grumbled. I'm sure he already knew what the problem was since Sarah was still trying to fake cry on my lap. "Is there a reason why you won't make Sarah a sandwich?" Most alphas would go crazy if their Luna wasn't treated like a queen but I mean seriously. Yell at my best friend/beta just because he wouldn't make a sandwich? Nope. 

"We're out of cheese and mayo." His eyes rolled. I have to admit, seeing him roll his eyes put my wolf on edge a little. For some reason, he didn't like when someone rolled their eyes. However, I didn't give a shit. 

"You're going to have to wait till we go shopping tomorrow, baby. Why don't you eat something else? There's still some steak left over." I looked down at her as I gently lifted her chin up so she'd look at me. "You need to eat something because if you don't, your parents on the phone now and I can tell them you won't eat." Her eyes widened at that. "Steak sounds great!" Before I could blink, she was off my lap and dragging Mike to the kitchen. 

"Why won't she eat?" I finally heard Ali's voice. "Because Mike makes these great sandwiches apparently but he couldn't make it. So she threatened to not eat." I could hear Eric in the background say 'just like her mom' before yelping in pain. Guess Ali threw something at him. 

"Is your daughter going to abuse me too? I rather not spank her unless it's in the bedroom." I smirked when I heard a ground shaking growl over the phone. "Now you've done it. Seriously, Jacob. Do you have a death wish?" Ali huffed in the phone before cooing at the angry wolf.