Chapter 2-Spray Paint

After class the two went on to their other classes, but by the time lunch rolled around again Amy decided to step outside.

Sure, she would love to hang out with her friends but what she really wants is to get her mind prepared for this school year. Setting goals and thinking of the school, stuff like that. So, a quick walk around the school will do her good and give her a lot to think about.

Shadow also decided to step outside. The trouble making delinquent did not want to step outside to make goals. He did not want to think of the school or prepare for the school year at all. No. What this young adolescent is planning to do is far worse than what anyone at this school can imagine. He's planning to officially taint the school as his territory.

Not because he wants anything to do with the school, of course. He already decided that he did not like it here. The atmosphere was too chipper. But he could change that. With a devious grin he reached into his backpack and took out a can of spray paint.

Shadow's hand hovered over the extremely clean, untainted school wall, already having a picture in mind what lovely artistic images he would leave on the school wall. Now all he had to do was carefully—

"Hey!" A feminine voice called out.

Shadow already rolled his eyes. I swear if it's another uptight teacher—

"What are you doing?!" She screeched as she made her way closer to the school rebel.

Shadow turned around to come face to face with a familiar pink hedgehog from his Math class. The one who was giving him the nasty look when he had that public chat with the teacher that morning. Well this should be interesting..

Amy on the other hand was not pleased to come face to face with Shadow at all. She wouldn't have been pleased with who it was regardless, but she did not need to waste her precious time dealing with a nuisance who couldn't even bother showing up on time for class.

She already had an encounter with this man. Well sort of, in Math class he gave a little talking back to, to their Math teacher. So, because he thinks he's cool he's going to do whatever he wants? Unbelievable!

Never has Amy seen such unhumbled behaviour from a student in this school.

Someone needs to put the boy in his place. Luckily for the school, she was the perfect one for the job.

"How dare you vandalize school grounds? Do you know that is a serious crime?" Amy snapped at him immediately.

"Wow! Really? Gee I wish I knew better. Thanks for the legal advice sweetheart," Shadow's voice dripped with sarcasm as he spoke the turned back to the wall. Amy still continued to stand her ground.

"Don't you dare call me sweetheart. If you make one speck on the school wall, I will report you to the principal's office. Shadow turned back to her.

"You're going to snitch?" He asked, the word 'snitch' already tasted sour on his lips.

"Yes. Now hand me the spray can so I can confiscate it," Amy held out her hand, expecting the spray can to be handed to her. Perhaps if he wasn't completely a moron, he could he would save himself some trouble and allow her to take care of this herself. She was student body president after all.

"I don't think so sweet cheeks, run along now. You'd get in trouble if you were caught with me too," Shadow said, lazily turning to the wall again. He couldn't be bothered. It was obvious this woman was nothing but a no good goody two shoes and maybe reminding her of the consequences of being with him would make her run off. He just wanted some peace while he vandalized public property. Was that too much to ask?