Friendships

-Shadow's POV-

Oh, I love being an adolescent student greeted by the grand entrance of my studious learning facility. Birds are chirping and the sky is a bright blue. I know my honourable teachers and absolutely loving school mates are just as eager to see my bright sunny face as I am eager to see theirs.

Ha. Just kidding.

Today is a nice day though!

But school is still school, there is no need for all of that.

Don't get me wrong though, I have gotten used to most of the students here (correction: some of the students here) and the teachers probably like me a little more (maybe.... the right phrasing should be that they are used to me now) but school is still school.

School could easily be more enjoyable if we only had to go two or three times a week, spend only two hours there, received no homework and started at 3pm. Now that's what I call school.

But here I am, early at school at my tree that I claimed. I don't mind the peace of being alone, however, it can get boring over here. If only I had my spray cans. Then I can mark my territory on the school again! But that spoiled rich brat took them. I defiantly regret sitting next to her in those classes. When will I get my stuff back anyway?

Suddenly I hear a loud thump that is not that far away from me.

"Arrgh! Are you kidding me?!" I look to where the voice is coming from. It seems like Blaze has fallen down and her binder opened, causing some of her papers to fly out. I watch quietly as she catches her papers dancing in the wind. She gathers it all together and places them back in her binder, but one of the papers flies over to me gently in the late summer breeze. Blaze runs towards it but I catch it for her. I examine it quickly and realize it is a math test and it is typed in the same style as mine, except with her answers on it of course. I look to the top of the paper to where the teacher's last name is supposed to be and realize she has the same math teacher as me.

"Hey, you have Mr. Howards too?" I ask.

"Yeah, fourth period. You?" She asks back.

"First thing in the morning," I respond as I hand her back her test.

"Oh man," She chuckles while receiving back the test. Blaze looks in the direction she wants to go in and slightly moves but suddenly stops and looks back at me.

"Hey Shadow, I heard that you are really good at this stuff. Could you teach me?" She suggests innocently.

This caught me off guard? How did she know that I can do math good? Well, I am talked about a lot in this school--especially by the ladies--so I guess word goes around fast, even about my academic performances. The longer I stay in this school, the higher my ego becomes.

"Sure. What time?" I smirk at her, a bit too smoothly.

"I am okay with any time this week," She replies.

Well, I can't do it today because she asked last minute and I hate last minute planning.

"Maybe Friday, after school?" I suggest to her. Blaze smiles and nods her head.

"That sounds perfect, thank you," She beams at me then turns to leave and go on about her day.

I lay back on the tree with a smug little grin on my face. Now I have something to do on Friday.

And imagine if Blaze pays me. Isn't she rich too? Oh, I would love that.

It's kind of weird how Blaze asked me to tutor her though. I thought she would hate me after that stuck up trust fund princess tried to humiliate me at the burger joint. Blaze seems cool though. But why ask me? Maybe she wants to keep the friendship?