Chapter Seven - The Barbeque

HEY GUYS PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER A PICTURE WAS ADDED TO THE LAST CHAPTER. ENJOY!

-Amy's POV-

It is the day of the barbeque. And I can already feel the nerving excitement buzzing in my body. The day has finally come at last. As I walk into the school, I can already hear students conversing about stuff regular high schoolers would converse about and the topic of the barbeque which is already becoming a popular subject by the second. I grin to myself in sweet, sweet victory. It's going to be a success.

Rouge walks beside me as I strut down the hallways.

"You're looking good," She compliments with a grin.

I look towards her and smile before turning my attention straight ahead once again.

The look today are my black combat boots with my ZAFUL high waisted paper bag cargo shorts paired with Ray Band round sunglasses on my head and a black off the shoulder top to match the boots.

"I know,"

Is all I say.

-Later That Day-

It has begun, and to say it is a success is an understatement. Everyone knows not to mess with an event at this school, especially if I am the one behind it.

The all too familiar smell of burger and sausages dances around the front of the school as hungry students pass by either getting their food or leaving with their food already with them. And yes, there is blueberry pie. The music is playing over multiple speakers and so far, I haven't heard any student complain about it.

I quickly grab my food and sit at a table with my friends. And Shadow is there. But I choose to ignore him nonetheless.

"Someone's looking good," He comments.

Just ignore him, Amy.

"Hey Amy, good thinking about adding the ice cream sandwiches to the snack list," Sonic says as he sits down next to Shadow, with two ice cream sandwiches in his hand, one which he passes off to his brother Manic.

"Thanks," I beam.

"How are things going on with math now?" Blaze who is sitting beside me asks.

"It's a 72 now," I reply.

"Oh good job Am—"

"Completely unacceptable," I cut her off which received some chuckles from my friends.

"Nothing satisfies her, I swear," Maria chuckles before dipping into some of her Cesar salad.

"Amy is way too competitive for her own good," Sonic adds. I don't argue. Because I know they're stating facts. I have no idea why but I will not stop going until I am satisfied.

"Remember in grade three, when we did the debating circle over students receiving homework from teachers. She wouldn't let anyone breathe," Manic sighs at the memory. I blush from some slight embarrassment but still smile because that memory was especially sweet for a reason: I won the debating circle. I mean my team won technically, but I did the most talking so it was technically me that won. I can't help but notice Shadow is taking an interest in this conversation though.

"Shadow do you like this school so far?" Rouge asks him. I'm still a bit pissed off that my friends are starting to like him now, not because they are friends with him but because that means I have to put up with him more often. I glare at my food before taking a few bites from my hamburger.

"It's alright," He responds casually.

"Alright? Is that it?" Rouge chuckles.

"It defiantly is better than my last school. This whole town is actually. But I don't know if I can exactly fit in..."