Chapter 2

I was unbelievable nervous as I fiddle with the skit of my dress. (A.N. Dress up above).  I don't know why I was nervous since I didn't really plan on staying in the Collection long.  I doubted that any of the Princes' would want a Lady from a foreign country when they could have some pretty princess.  I was led into the main hall to be ready to be presented.  I was lined up behind another girl around my age.   She turned towards me.

     "Hi, I'm Ha-na, what's your name?"  she asked me curiously as cocked her head to the side. 

"My name is (y/n)."  I replied trying my best not to sound nervous.

     "(y/n)...where are you from?  I've never seen or heard of you before."  she inquired.  "What's your title?"

     "Oh, um, I'm actually from the Kingdom of Simjang.  I'm a Lady.  My father is the older brother of Queen Min-Young."  I explained.  

    "Oh!....wait!  That means we are cousins!"  she suddenly exclaimed.  My eyes widened.

"What?  What do you mean?"  I asked in shock.  

     "I'm Princess Ha-na of Simjang.  My mother is you father's sister."  she connected.  We both just stared at each other for a moment.

    "I've never met anyone in the royal family before.  I was usually sent abroad to study....its a pleasure to meet you, your highness."  I curtsied only for her to grab my arm.

    "Don't do that.  Here in the Collection we are all on the same playing field, besides its nice to meet some of my family that's not my sisters or brother...both of my sisters are apart of the collection as well."  Ha-na informed me.  

    "Really?"  I asked intrigued.  She nodded as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"They are farther up in line since they are older.  They have us lined up by age.  My sisters are both getting older and still don't have husbands left, so my parents really pushed them for this since even if they don't marry one of the princes' they might marry one of the lords...at least that's what they are hoping for my sister So-mi.  My sister Ki-hwi is the 1st Princess so they would prefer for her to marry a prince...for me...this is just a shot in the dark since I'm the youngest.  There are lots of girls older than us that are pushing for a husband."  she said as she looked ahead of us at the.  "We are the youngest two."  I did take notice of the lack of people behind me...making me the youngest...great...   I kept chatting with Ha-na before the line suddenly began to move forwards and we both went silent as we followed the other girls out into the Royal Hall.  It was weird to be put on display like a mannequin as we were lined up side by side. I took the opportunity as the older girls were beginning to be introduced to get a good look at the people in front of me on the thrones.  King Sejin was sitting in the front and center with the lady I assumed must be his wife Queen Minseo.  On the Queen's left were two men.  The first had strong brows...a very pretty face, but it was graced with a blank and bored look as his dark eyes stared in contrast with his blonde hair.  On his right was a man who was noticeable a bit shorter than the first. He had light brown hair and from the way he was sitting he reminded me of a prince...but also he seemed like he was not a prince...it was hard to describe.  My eyes quickly moved over to the other side of the king where the boy to his immediate right had dark, black hair and looked extremely handsome.  If I had to guess I guessed he was Prince Seokjin from what Yumi had told me earlier.  The man next to him was a tad taller and had his hair done shorter on the sides which made him stand out a bit as well as dark brown hair that was a little lighter than Prince Seokjin's.  I was trying to figure out who was who when I felt Ha-na suddenly poke my side bringing be back to reality as she Ha-na was introduced.    I heard my name as stepped forward.  I felt all eyes on me.