Chapter 4

I felt exhilarated when I finished practicing with Jimin.  It was very new for me to actually be dancing with a male partner, in this style of dance.  All noble males and females were expected to know how to do basic ballroom dancing, but branching out into more advanced dancing such as contemporary and ballet, it was left more towards entertainers and some select elite dancers who loved the art.  I was lucky that my parents could afford for me to have the training that I did.  I barely noticed how late it actually was until Yumi came and found me in my room.

   "M'lady!  We need to get you changed!  You are going to be late to dinner with the royal family!"  panicked Yumi pushing me to get ready.  I quickly changed into a simple, but pretty formal gown and Yumi pinned my hair back in a simple way just so that it looked nice and neat.  I was in a hurry as Yumi practically shoved a small circlet  headpiece on my head as she was pushing me out the door.  I stumbled out and nearly knocked over a person right outside.  

    "Oh my god, I'm so sorry..."  I started before I actually realized who it was and then I really began to freak out.  "Prince Taehyung, I'm so sorry, please forgive my clumsiness."  I bowed apologetically.   Taehyung just grinned as he looked at me in amusement.

    "Oh it's okay, no harm done Miss...ah!  You were the girl that  Jiminie picked out as a dance partner. Lady Nai (Y/n), yes?"  he questioned.  I nodded quickly.

     "Yes, Your Highness."  I affirmed.  

"Awe, you are adorable.  I can see why Jiminie picked on you right away."  He cooed at me causing my face to burn bright red as I looked away from him.

     "Uh, we are going to be late for dinner, Prince Taehyung."  I urged, hoping to get myself out of this situation.  

   "Yes!  Dinner.  Lets go, shall we?"  he grinned as he walked past me, looping his arm in mine in the process and nearly dragging me along with him.  My eyes were wide with shock at his forwardness.  It felt weird for him to be touching me.  I was so used to being basically surrounded by an invisible bubble where no man dared lay a hand on me for most of them feared my status or I just didn't seem approachable...maybe?  Here in this castle it seemed that the Princes had less fear, maybe because they didn't have to worry about status as I was here to potentially be a bride for one of them.  Why would they be scared to come near me?    

   I let Taehyung lead the way as I was still not very familiar with the castle anyways.  I was actually a little grateful that I did happen to stumbled across him as otherwise I'm sure I would've gotten lost on my own.  

   "So where are you from Nai (y/n)?"  He asked.  "Who are your parents?"  

"My father and mother are the Duke and Duchess Nai of the Kingdom of Simjang.  My father, Nai So-Won, the older brother of Queen Min-Young."  I informed him.  

   "Ah, that makes sense."  he said with a nod in understanding.  "I was wondering why your name sounded familiar, but I had never seen you before.  I've been to Simjang court many times, how come I've never seen you there before?"  he inquired as we walked down the halls.

    "I usually stayed away from court with my mother.  My father and older brother would usually stay in court.  They didn't want me to be coiled up in the dealings at court.  They wanted to wait for a betrothal until..."  I trailed before catching his eye.

    "Until, what?"  he pushed.  As we arrived at a door.

"Until I was old enough to bare children myself and a suitable match that both my father and brother approved came to be."  I finished uneasily.

   "Does your brother happen to be Nai Min-Sun?"  Asked Taehyung suddenly surprising me slightly.  

    "Yes."  I replied in surprise.  A huge boxy grin grew on his face.