Chapter 12

I kept thinking about the events of last night as the morning sun rose.  I had gone back to my chambers after momentarily visiting Taehyung with Ha-na.  She stayed the night by his side.  I didn't sleep a wink as I was up trying to figure out what was going on.  Who was trying to kill Jin?  Why now?  Why here in the castle, in his room?  How did they get there.  How were they not caught!?  I was so confused and I wanted to know what was happening! 

     Yumi knocked on the door before opening it and coming into the room.  I plastered on a smile as she walked into the room.  She gave me a knowing look.

    "You haven't slept all night...have you?"  she told me.  I dropped my smile and sighed.

    "No, I have not slept.  How could I?  Has the festival been postponed now?"   I asked her. 

   "Actually, it has not, nor has the Selection today.  I am here to get you ready to be presented to the public.  You must not say a word of what happened yesterday.  The prince of Simjang and his fiancee are both on their way and will be here at lunch.  Now if you would please, lets get ready.  The Selection is starting soon."  she informed me.  I let out a small sigh before getting up off of my bed and heading towards the closet. 

      "Are we just supposed to pretened nothing happened?  Or that Taehyung is not injured?"  I asked in confusion. 

    "Not to the public.  No one outside this castle can know until there is more information.  Everyone is trying to find out more information about what happened and they don't want histeria spreading throughout Bangtan."  she replied. 

   "Hmm, that makes sense."  I thought aloud.  "Shall we get ready now?" 

     "Indeed.  Which dress shall we adone today?"  She asked me.  I thought for a moment before I snapped my fingers in thought.

    "I know just the one!  If they need a distraction away from last nights events, why not give the people something to talk about?"  I suggested.   A smile grew on Yumi's face.

   "Now you're thinking like a real princess."  she teased. 

"Tsk, I'm not a princess."  I remined her.

     "Not yet."  she chided back as she dissapered into the other room to emgere with a new dress.

    "Not ever."  I replied.  "As soon as the festival is over I will be dissmissed."   Yumi just let out a sigh at my words.

    "Ha-na would be devestated if you left."  she said softly.  I frowned slightly.

     "That is true, I will have to come back to visit once she marries Taehyung."  I causually replied.  Yumi chuckled. 

    "Ah yes, the princess and prince have been quite the pair."   she mused. 

    "Indeed.  I look forward to that pairing."  I added as she helped me begin to put on my attire for the Selection.     I was able to change quickly and looked in the mirror.

    "You look beautiful.  Pretty as a princess."  declared Yumi.  I shot her a look that she just streched her smile in return to.  (Dress pictured above)

    "Lets go, the Selection should begin soon and lunch to follow sortly after with the Prince of Simjang and his betrothed." She informed me. I gave a short nod.

"Indeed, thank you Yumi." I smiled at her before she opened the door and I headed out to go meet with the other girls. I got in my spot in line as I was at the end since I was the youngest. I was anxious to see if Taehyung would be present and what they would say about his injuries.

I waited for a time before we were led out to the stage we usually were presented on. The sun was shining over head and seemed to soak into my dress. Ha-na stood next to me in line and seemed nervous as she was looking for Taehyung as the King and Queen came onto the stage followed by their sons...minus Taehyung.

"As you may have noticed Prince Taehyung is not present from out Selection today. He is feeling ill and has written his selection which I will read now." Said the announcer.  "Prince Taehyung has chosen princess Kang Ha-Na and Princess Kang So-mi."   Jin then took front stage.  I already know he was going to pick before it happened based on the looks on the girls' faces before he called their names.  Namjoon stepped forward stating two princesses I really didn't know well.  Then is was Jimin's turn.  I wasn't worried.  I knew he would say my name.  He still needed me for the next week.  I stepped to his side when I heard my name announced along with the one other girl.  I also knew that the next Selection would be the last one as the final girls would be chosen and the Collection would end and soon weddings would follow.   I didn't know if I was really ready for it to be over.   I actually was beginning to grow very fond of being here and dancing with Jimin.  I knew I would miss this, but I also knew I didn't belong here.  Not really, but only time would tell.