Chapter 9

I was so tired as we were sitting on the couch in one of the lounge rooms.  The large screen was playing a movie that I had never seen before.  I was sitting on the couch with my legs curled up under me as Jimin sat next to me a few inches away, careful not to be touching me.  I could see that he looked like he was uncomfortable as he sat there rigidly.  I was confused on why he wanted to really do this in the first place.  The notion of food helped deter my confusion as I was very hungry.  I was munching on a sandwich that I had nabbed from the kitchens.  I tried to focus on the movie instead of the awkward atmosphere I was in.

   It wasn't long for me to realize my mistake.  The movie was quick to go from simple drama to scary zombie movie really fast.  I had finished eating and now there was nothing to distract me from the man who was getting his neck eaten.  I sat there with wide eyes of terror as I watched.  Suddenly there was a jump scare that caused me to literally jump in my seat.  I tipped over from sitting on my legs and fell on Jimin's lap.  He tensed up before letting out a chuckle as I scrambled off his lap.

    "Sorry, sorry."  I quickly apologized before sitting back where I had been, pulling my knees up to my face as I hugged them.  My eyes glued back to the screen.  The farther we got into the movie, the more invested I got into it. 

   It was the middle of a super tense scene and suddenly I felt a poke in the side causing me to jump again with a yelp.  

    "Jimin!  You ass!"  I yelled at him for scaring me before smacking him in the arm.  He just let out a laugh at my outburst.  I had started getting connected to characters...which I knew was a bad idea.  When my favorite character sacrificed himself to save his daughter at the end of the movie I could feel tears running down my face as the move ended.  

    "Uh, (y/n)?"  asked Jimin softly. "Are you okay?"  

"Hmm?"  I sniffed.  "Yeah, I'm fine.  It...it was just a really good movie.  Thank you for watching it with my."  I smiled as I wiped my eyes.  He let out a slight chuckle.  

   "Anytime.  Its nice to not have to act like prince charming all the time."  he joked.

"Aha! I knew it!  You are secretly an dark prince of the underworld aren't you!"  I teased him with a slight laugh.

     "How did you know!"  he gasped in fake shock.  We both tried to hold back smiled before bursting out into laughter.   Our laughter stopped when there was a knock on the door.  We both turned to see Namjoon peak his head in.  My face dropped at I locked eyes with him.  I kept a straight face as he walked in.  I noticed Jimin side glance and furrow his eyebrows at my sudden change in mood.

     "What's up, hyung?"  asked Jimin.  

"I could hear her yelling and your laughing from my room.  It was annoying as I was trying to sleep."  he said distastfully.  Jimin's smile wavered slightly.

   "Our apologies, Prince Namjoon.  We were just leaving.  Right, Jimin?"  I asked him as I suddenly stood up.  I wanted to get away from Namjoon as soon as possible as my trust in him had be slightly severed and he just reminded me of being locked in the damn library.  

    "Uh. yeah.  See you later, hyung."  Jimin got out as he quickly tried to keep up with me as I walked out past Namjoon.  I caught Namjoon's gaze in the corner of my eye and I couldn't read him as he gave me an intense look.  What was he playing at?  First he is skeptical, then friendly, then deceptive...I don't know what to make of him. I didn't know what he was really after.  I knew that another Selection process was going to happen soon to narrow the girls down one more time before the would finally have to make their decisions soon after.  To be honest I was a little nervous that I might end up leaving...but I was also nervous now to stay.  

    "What's going on between you and Namjoon?"  Jimin suddenly ask after he had practically ran to keep up with me as I approached my room.  

     "Nothing."  I almost snapped at him.  

"That didn't look like 'nothing'.  There is something obviously going on.  What happened?  Did he do something to you?"   Jimin instesntly asked.  

    "Jimin, Drop it."  I snapped at him causing him to freeze and go quiet with a wide eyes look of hurt on his face.  "Please."  I added in a softer tone.  

    "Please, just drop it.  For right now."  I said softly as I couldn't look him in the eyes to see the hurt look that I knew was on his face.

    "Fine.  Goodnight Lady Nai."  he said, his voice changing into the tone he would use when talking to a royal guest.   It felt like a knife stabbed me in the chest at his words.  

     "Goodnight, Jimin."  I replied softly, trying to not cry.  I knew I had pissed him off now to.  I turned to got to my door and as I reached for my handle I paused before turning around on my heels and running towards Jimin who's back was turned as he walked away from me.  I nearly knocked him over as I wrapped my arms around his middle and hugged him from behind pressed my cheek on his back.  He froze in shock of my actions.  

    "Please don't be mad at me.  Thank you for tonight.  It was what I needed after today. I know you just want to help me, but I can tell you that there is nothing going on that you think between Namjoon and I.  I promise."  I told him as I held onto him form behind.  I could feel him relax in my hold. 

    "I'm not mad at you.  I was just worried."  he replied softly.  

"I know.  Promise you're not mad at me?  I won't be able to sleep if you are."  I told him with a slight pout on my lips as he turned to face me as I let me arms fall.  He game me a cute mochi grin as he put his pinky up.

    "Promise."