Chapter 13

To say I was at least a little bit anxious would be an understatment. I was nervously clenching and unclenching my fists at my sides as I waited for lunch to start. I was eager to see who was coming with the prince and his bethrothed when he came form my homeland. I was hoping to see my brother and father...maybe if I was extremely lucky I would be able to see my mother!

"The royal family of Simjang has arrived. Lunch will be served." announced a server as the remain eight girls of the Collection moved out into the dinning hall. I kept my eyes moving around as I looked to see who was coming. We were motioned to our places around the giant table. I wactched as the Bangtan royal family come take their spots around the table with us. Jimin sat next to me and it made me feel a little less nervous than I was before. He must have notices my anxiety because I felt his hand brush against mine as we stood waiting to be seated. Soon the doors opened and all eyes looked to see who was walking in. I watched as Prince Kang Dw-hwi walked with Lady Min Yuri at his side. Then someone I didn't expect followed in behind the royal couple.

"Mi-Rae?" I said in shock under my breath as my older sister walked into the room with her bethrothed Lord Jung Hoseok. I held my beath as another I saw the one person that I had been anxious to see.

"Min-Sun." I stated lowly and Jimin looked at me with slight confusion, but didn't say anything as a few more members of the Simjang royal court came in. After we were all at our spots everyone was seated. I made eye contact with my brother...but my sister seemed to be avoiding my gaze. Which confused me imensely. Usually she was pretty eager to chat with me, especially since we didn't get to see each other often with her being at court with Hoseok all the time. Their wedding was actually supposed to be coming up soon this coming summer.

"Are you excited to see you brother and sister?" Jimin asked me with a grin on his face.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just...its been awhile since I've seen them, either of them." I shrugged as food was being brought out to be served.

"Really? When was the last time you saw them?" he inquired lowly.

"Ummm I think its been about a 9 months since I've seen Min-Sun and 6 since I've seen Mi-Rae. Mi-Rae is living in the Jung estate with Lord Hoseok. They are to be married this coming summer." I informed him.

"I know, I've been invited to the wedding." he teased. "At least now I don't have to try and look for a date." I rolled my eyes.

"Well I do, but being the maid of honor means I'll probably just be paried up for the day with the best man." I sighed. "but its still so far away, who knows what will happen." I shug.

"Yeah, who knows." Jimin replied distracted as he looked away from me, he seemed disappointed...what is something I said? One of the servers walked over to me and bent down to whisper.

"Lord Min-Sun would like you to meet with him after lunch in his chambers." he informed me. I nodded.

"Understood." I replied lowly. Food was served to us and lunch was pretty pleseant. We mainly just had small chat and I wasn't sitting near my siblings to be able to really have a conversation with them. Throughout the whole time my sister and brother seemed to be avoiding my gaze. I didn't like it. It felt like something was going on that they weren't telling me and I hated the sinking feeling in my gut.

"Are you okay?" Jimin whispered to me as he noticed that I wasn't eating like I normally would.

"Huh? Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just distracted, Um, I would like to spend some time with my family after were done eating...is it okay that we push back rehersal today?" I asked.

"Of course! I don't know what I would do if it had been this long since I had seen my brothers I would lose my mind." he smiled at me. I smiled back at him.

"Thank you." I replied softly. My hand lightly touching his for a moment before letting it come back to the table. Lunch ended and everyone began to go off and do their own thing. I was soon whisked away by one my my family's guards that came with my brother and sister. They brought me to his chambers.

"Little Sister." smiled my brother as he greeted me with open arms. I walked into his embrace.

"Its been so long, Ace." he said affectionally using my old nickname.

"Indeed. How are you, brother?" I asked him with a smile. I was hoping that him using my nickname was a good sign. Our conversation sounded offical, but it was how tended to sound now that he had been away from home with politics for so long.

"I'm doing well, thank you. Father wanted me to see how you were doing. He is very proud of how far you've come in the Collection. He will be even more proud if you get picked. A princess in the family, maybe even a queen!" Min-Sun said grinning proudly. My smile faltered for a second. Of course he was happy about the Collection.

"Uh, yes. I am preforming with Prince Jimin at the festival this coming week. Will the family be attending?" I asked hopefully.

"Ah, I heard about that. It will look good for the Nai family name that you are preforming with the prince. Mother wanted to come, but she's not really in the condition to travel for so long. Father is busy in Simjang, and I will be with the Prince Da-hwi and Lady Yuri as an ambassador while they head over to to visit a few diffrent forgien countries on diplomatic leave, but I believe that our dear sister and her soon to be husband will be attending though since Lord Hoseok is close to the Bangtan princes'. " he informed me.

"Oh, that's okay. I was just wondering." I said trying to mask the disapointment in my voice. I didn't want him to know that I was actually pretty bummed that more of my family wasn't coming...especailly my mother. I didn't know that she was getting worst with her illness. I thought she wasn't sick anymore...

"Mother's illness..." I trailed. His face darkened.

"She'll be fine." assured Min-Sun sternly as if telling me not to say anything else. I didn't press on the issue. I decided to try and ask Mi-Rae or one of my few family guards that came with my siblings to visit. My brother wasn't going to tell me anything different as he didn't want me to be concerened and risk my position in the Collection. It was another rule. If a girl in the Collection had to leave the castle for an extended period of over three days then her would be eliminated by default.  It was so that the Collection was the utmost importance for the girl and that she wouldn't be to busy with family affairs that would affect her possible future reign if she were to become queen.  On the outside it seemed obnoxious, but after I thought about it in the end it made sense.  I had only seen/heard of it happening once in the last Collection that was held many years ago.  One of the last few finalist ended up leaving to help rule her home country while her brother was away helping settle a rebellion.  Her absence obviously ended up in her elimination.  Which was a bit sad since I heard that she was well liked, and would've made a good possible queen for Bangtan, but it was not meant to be. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by my brother.
   "Hello, (y/n) are you even listening to what I'm saying?!"  H asked annoyed.

    "Hmmm?  Sorry I was just thinking.  Do you think our dear sister would join us in a supper tonight?  I have nothing planned besides practice this afternoon with Jim..., I mean Prince Jimin."  I corrected myself with a smile.

   "I'm sure she would love to join us.  I don't know how long it has been since all three of us sat around a table together, just us."  He thought aloud.

  "Perfect.  I will make the arraignments myself.  I will make sure to send a maid to call upon the both of you as well."  I assured him.  He smiled at me with pride.

    "You already are sounded more like a royal than you ever did at home.  I look forward to supper, dear little sister."  He said as he kissed my hand.  "I must be off.  I have some meetings to attend and you shouldn't be late for practice."  He said with a wink.