Chapter 6

"(y/n)! (y/n)! (Y/n)!"  hollared Ha-Na as she ran at me down the hall.  How she didn't trip on her dress at that speed, I will never know.  She nearly tackled me into a hug with her excitement.

    "What's wrong?  Why are you so hyper this morning?"  I asked as I tried to pry her off of me.  

"They are doing the first broadcast for the Collection is today!  Aren't you excited?"  she asked with a grin as she finally let me go.    I had to remember that she was just getting told about this now.   

    "I heard, I guess so.  Aren't you worried that you might get cut today?"  I asked her curiously.  She shook her head.  

    "No, I know there are other girls that'll get cut before me.  They'll likely cut those who aren't directly in royal lines...like you..."  she trailed with a frown settling on her face.  

    "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that.  I don't think that you'll get cut (y/n)!  I mean like other girls who aren't princesses, You know?"  she babbled causing me to smile slightly.

    "Ha-na, calm down, I know what you.  Don't worry.  We need to get going though.  The broadcast starts soon and I'm sure it would be look down upon to be late...do you know anything about how they will do the cut?"  I asked as we walked down the hall.

      "Well there are currently 20 girls here as part of the Collection.  Which would ideally mean there is 5 girls for each prince.  Traditionally they will cut down to where the princes will each choose four girls, but that doesn't necessarily mean that only 4 girls will get cut.  Sometimes princes might choose the same girl, which causes more girls to be cut...but that barely ever happens, although since there are 4 princes this time, it might."  She informed me.  I nodded in understanding.

   "Makes sense.  It'd be a shame though if a lot of girls get cut.  I know some who are really riding on being here. Princess Soya and Lady Joo-ha's fathers are really pushing for them to be the next Princesses of Bangtan and potentially Queen."  I sighed.  I was really beginning to wonder why my parents put me in this.  Did my father really want me to be a Princess?  Or even maybe a Queen?  But why? Why would he want that?  

    "(y/n), we're here."  Ha-na said snapping me out of my thoughts.  We were lines up in our usual order of age.  Ha-na was dressed in a pretty red two-piece dress that showed a strip of her mid-drift.  She looked older than her age of 21.  I still had a few weeks before I was 21.  Compared to her I look like a toddler in my light blue knee-high dress.  I should have dressed up more.  Almost all of the girls were all decked out in glitz and dressed, well, like princesses.  I followed Ha-na as we were all led out to a stage outside in front of a large crowd that began to cheer as we took out seats.  I watched the broadcast began.  The royal family was now all seated on stage as the King stood to address the people.  

    "People of Bangtan.  Welcome to our first broadcast of this generation's Collection.  The lovely ladies you see seated before have been selected at candidates before brides for our lovely princes of Bangtan.   This broadcast is the first step towards the princes' picking their wives.  My sons,"  the king said turning to his sons now.  "Please come and select the three ladies you wish to stay for the next stage of the Collection,"  he announced.  The king stepped back as Jin stepped forwards.  Jin stood in front, now facing the people.   

    "I have chosen."  He announced.  "Princess Kang Ki-hwi, Princess Min Li-lin, and Princess Jung Soya."  The three girls he announced stood up and went to stand near him.   Namjoon stood up next.

    "I have chosen."  He said as he didn't even bat an eye looking at the girls.  He listed off three girls, all princesses, that I had never met, or at least I didn't know their names and faces well.  Next was Taehyung.  He walked to the center stage and looked at the crowd with a professional look on his face.

    "I have chosen,"  he stated.  "Princess Kang So-mi, Princess Kang Ha-na, and Lady Nai (y/n)."  When he finished he looked over at us and gave a large smile.  I was a bit shocked when I heard my name.  It was weird being the only Lady announced.  The crowd began whispering as soon as I was announced.  I followed Ha-na and her sister So-mi to go and stand by Taehyung.  I couldn't help but feel relieved that I was going to get to stay.  Jimin went up to the stand and I watched with curious eyes to see who he would choose.  

      "I have chosen,"  he announced.  Princess Min Mi-lee, Lady Jeon Jun-li, and Lady Nai (y/n)."  The whole room went silent as my name was announced a second time.   All the girls began to whisper and Ha-na stayed looking at me.  I didn't know what to do.  Was I supposed to stand next to Jimin now?  I looked between Tae and Jimin, unsure of what to do.  All I could do was stand there like an idiot.  

    "Stand between them,"  whispered Ha-na as she pushed me between the two boys.  I moved slowly forwards and stood behind and between the two princes.   When I thought I stood out before, now I was really on display.    The king went back to the front and center of the stage.

     "They have been chosen.  Please look upon your Collection with grace as they continue on to the next stage.  I look forwards to getting to know you all more.  Thank you for coming to our broadcast today."  said the king.  It didn't take much, the broadcast was shorter than I thought.   We were soon all ushered off of the stage.   I could hear the five girls who weren't chosen crying as they were being whisked away from the rest of the group.  

    "What now?"  I asked Ha-na.  She just shrugged.

"I dunno...wanna go for a swim?  I heard that there is a lake nearby the royal family owns that we can go to.  I really want to go out and get some fresh air.  Being cooped up in here with all of the girls.  So...wanna go?"  She asked with a grin.  I smiled.

    "Yeah...let get out of here for a bit,"  I replied as she took my hand and led me away from the crowd.  Little did I know that we were being watched...