𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

୭̥*ೃ TIME!

summary
in which a girl from 2019 was able to travel through time

info
this book is completed
lowercase intended
there will unfortunately not be a sequel

intro
( tiana's POV )
i had just arrived home from school. my backpack was still on my back and was full of money, a phone charger, and a couple of school journals that i never used.

i sat down on the edge of my bed, grabbing my laptop and setting it on my lap. i opened it up and decided to begin my research about derry for history class.

my eyes stop on a bunch of articles and news reports of missing children. my little sister went missing four years ago, along with a handful of other kids. she was always the favorite in my family, and her disappearance put a big hole through us. my parents began neglecting me because of what happened.

i don't blame them, though. i just wish they'd understand that i'm all they have left. i let out a sigh as i begin reading the articles. my eyebrows furrow as i realize the articles weren't from 2016– they were from 31 years ago. i scrolled down and found more from many years before that. the list just went on and on.

it was all about missing child cases, all around the same time with the same time gaps. i recognized a pattern. my lips slightly part as i inhale from the sudden realization.

they all happened within every twenty seven years. people would go missing, and it would suddenly stop until twenty seven years later.

"what?" i whisper to myself. none of it made much sense. i pause when i remember something my sister had told me, not long before she went missing.

she told me its name was penny wise the dancing clown. i thought she was joking, or it was just her imagination. she described him as a very funny looking person. cracked white skin, clown makeup, weird sharp teeth, and red hair.

i go to images, and click a photo of derry's founders. as i study the image, i felt... odd. like there was something off about the picture, but i just couldn't put my finger on it. i look a little closer and make out a face.

the face my little sister described.

my jaw dropped. it was real, and it had been terrorizing derry since it started. anger began bubbling from the pit of my stomach. who would do such a thing? and why?

i go back to the search results and click on a link from the most recent missing cases before  the one in 2016. a little boy, last seen in a bright yellow raincoat caught my eye. he looked a lot like my sister. he went by the name of georgie.

i shake my head and run a hand through my hair. then, i started to think about my sister. she was the most pure and innocent thing humanity could ever imagine. i didn't understand why something like this had to happen to her. she did nothing wrong. if anyone, it should've been me.

my parents would've been much happier and my sister deserved to life way more than i did. it made me feel so many emotions at once that i could barely catch my breath. i started to feel a little light headed and dizzy.

suddenly, i feel a jolt of energy run wild throughout my body, and i open my eyes to realize i wasn't at home.

it looked like derry, just different. it felt older, as i felt misplaced. i knew something was wrong and i had no idea how i even got to this place.

i just know that i had to get the hell out of here before something bad happens.

🍒, madileia—
edited june 8, 2020

follow my main account, -maybankz for more of my work!