𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

୭̥*ೃ TIME!

( tiana's POV )
MY EYES WERE wide open. i had no idea where i was. it only kind of looked like derry, but it didn't feel like derry. at least not the derry i know.

"where the hell am i?" i ask myself, taking in my surroundings. i spot a diner right across the street and quickly walk over to it.

i walked into the diner, and paused at the entrance. it looked nothing like any diner i've ever been to. i walk over to the counter where the cashier had a sweet smile plastered onto her face.

she seemed confused while looking at my outfit, but still managed to keep her smile on. "uh, hello there. how may i help you?"

"hi, can you tell me where i am? also the time and date too, if you don't mind." i kindly asked the woman, trying my best to remain calm and polite. i didn't wanna seem out of place, even though i clearly was.

she eyed my outfit for a moment longer before answering. "well, we're obviously in derry, and it's october." she says, puzzlement written all over her face.

i chuckle nervously. "right, thank you. and uh— time and year please?" i ask. she looked at me with concern. "right now it's 10:23 AM, and it's 1988. are you feeling alright?" she asks.

"yeah, i'm fine." i say, almost missing the part where she said the year. my eyes widen. "holy fuck, it's 1988?"

"um... yes. you didn't know that?" the lady seemed very taken aback. "yeah, my apologies. i just randomly lost my memory, that's all. have a nice day!" i said very quickly, walking out of the diner.

as i start to aimlessly wander around, i remember something. it was 1988, the same year that georgie kid i read about went missing. the rain poured down pretty harshly, soaking tiana and her backpack.

she looked around for any bright yellow. i walk down a street of houses and recognize a familiar little boy in a raincoat.

"georgie!" i call out. the little kid turned around to face me. there was a boat that he was following around. "hey kid, come here!" i say as his boat leaves him.

his eyes flicker back and forth from the boat, and to me. he sighed and ran over to me first. "hey kid, come take my hand." i say, holding it out for him to grab. he looked very confused as to how i knew his name and why i wanted him to take my hand.

"you're a stranger," he points out. "and bill is gonna kill me if he finds out i lost my boat." the little boy says, referring back to his small boat that just fell into one of the storm drains.

"it's okay. i won't let bill kill you. just come with me, please." i begged. the boy took a step back from me. "i'm not supposed to talk to strangers..." he says.

my face softens. "listen, my name is tiana mendes. i need you to tell me where your house is so i can get you back, okay?" i say, wiping some of the rain water away from my eyes. "why?" he asks.

"it's going to get really could out here and i don't want you to get sick." i made up an excuse. he seemed conflicted. "okay... but what about my boat? i can't leave her."
"her?" i ask myself. i quickly brush it off and smile at him. "i promise i'll get her back to you."

georgie sighed and nodded. "my house is right over there." he says, pointing to a nice looking house nearby. "alright. take my hand and let's go." i order. he seemed hesitant at first, but obliged anyway.

i walked him over to his house and rang the doorbell. a boy around my age opened the door and looked surprised to see me with his younger brother. "h-hi?" he greeted, it sounding more like a question.

"um, hi. i'm tiana mendes. i had to bring georgie back because of the weather. i just didn't want him to catch a cold or anything." i explain. the boy seemed slightly skeptical.

"oh. well, t-thank you t-t-tiana. i'm bill denbrough." he introduced himself. "nice to meet you. bill. here you go." i let georgie inside. he stops by bill's side, looking up at me with thankful eyes.

"n-nice to m-m-meet you too." he looked down at georgie, only to notice he didn't have a boat in his hand. bill grew confused and asked, "hey, w-where's your b-b-boat georgie?"

"oh, right!" i remember. "he lost it— i mean her, but don't worry. i'm about to go get her now and bring her back. i promise."

"okay. t-t-thank you." bill said. georgie instantly became relieved that bill wasn't upset. "no problem. bye, i'll be right back with the boat!"

"bye!" georgie waved and smiled brightly. bill closes the door, and i heavily sigh. "one down, a million more to go..."

🍒, madileia—
edited june 8, 2020