1-Status Quo (Starship)

Valjean's life was a complicated one. Twenty years ago, he stole a loaf of bread and was imprisoned for it.

Today, he stood on a hilltop, looking at the horizon. Perhaps it was time to start anew. He took out his yellow ticket, the bane to his existence ever since he'd been released.

"It starts without questioning the answers..." he sang softly, "And giving up before you've begun..."

"It locks all the doors, increases the pressure, and in a flash, your time is up before it's done.

And you all know how it can feel to feel at all..."

"Die!" He tore the paper and threw it to the wind.

"So I say,

No-o-o! To Status Quo-o-o!

Who wants to live like a con, when all you want is to be free?

I will sho-o-ow! The Status Quo-o-o!

Who cares about normal, I'll never conform, I will be content to resent the Status Quo..."

Valjean began to run, not knowing from what, but that's what his mind told him to.

"I kick down the walls around me, they don't know how strong I am!" He chuckled as he added, "Literally!"

"And I'm not defined by boundaries, they could never understand..."

A few years passed, and, believe it or not, Valjean (or Madeleine, as they called him) was mayor of a town called Montreal-sur-Mer.

He sat in his office, looking out the window.

"I'm so much more than Status Quo-o-o!" he sang, laughing at his former self.

"Forget about being another pipe dreamer, stuck on the bottom floor!"

He was interrupted by the sounds of squabbling downstairs. He rolled his eyes. Seriously?

"And I kno-o-ow it's time to go-o-o! 

So maybe I've gotten everything that I wanted, but I think that I might've made it show,

When I said, No, no, NO! To Status Quo!"

Valjean walked towards the stairs, ready to face any problem the world threw at him.