3-To Have a Home (AVPS) (But higher so it's in his vocal range)

8 years later.

A young boy is running through the streets of Paris

This young boy's name was Gavroche.

A few years ago, Gavroche's parents had told him that life was better on the streets. He hadn't seen him since. Not that he missed them. Even from a young age, Gavroche had realized how cruel his parents were. He couldn't say the same for some of his siblings.

Life on the streets was hard, but it was better than staying home. Though it was a bit lonely sometimes.

There were many other street kids. For a few weeks, Gavroche would lead some kids to steal some food. But then, they would leave for another part of town, leaving Gavroche all alone. The rich people were even worse.

Once, Gavroche had met a fancy dressed boy his age. The boy's parents had been worried that they were spoiling him too much. So they had sent him to spend the day with children with less money.

The boy had seemed nice enough. But when Gavroche and some other kids had tried to approach him, he pushed them all in the mud and called them swine. That day, Gavroche had decided that the rich people were the big, bad guys of the world.

So he had no friends.

Of course, he would never show his loneliness. The other children looked up to him. They saw him as the brave boy who wasn't afraid to stand up.

Gavroche looked around to see where he had ended up.

"L-l-le Musain." he read.

Suddenly, something collided into him and he fell down.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!"

Gavroche got up. The voice came from a young man who seemed to be in his mid 20's.

"Hi." said Gavroche.

"I'm very sorry." repeated the man. "I was running late, and I wasn't looking where I was going-"

"You work here?" asked Gavroche.

The man laughed. "Nah. I'm a student. But I was supposed to meet my friends here, and Enjolras hates it when we're late for revolution planning-" He paused to see Gavroche's intrigued look.

"Revolution?" said Gavroche. "Like, against the big bad rich people or something' like that?"

"Oh! Uh," the man said awkwardly, "You're too young to understand-"

"Can I help?" Time to show the big bad rich people who's boss.

The man's eyes grew wide. "Well, we'll have to ask Enjolras..."

"Great!" He stuck out his hand. "I'm Gavroche."

The man seemed taken aback. He had just let a child join the revolution. "C-Courfeyrac." he stuttered.

Much to Gavroche's excitement, (And Courfeyrac's horror) Enjolras, the leader in red, had admired his courage and enthusiasm. "He's like a little me!" Enjolras had exclaimed.

So every few days, Gavroche would come to Le Musain to talk of revolution with the schoolboys, He would soon get close with a group of them: Enjolras, Courfeyrac, Combeferre, Joly, Feuilly, Laigle, who they sometimes call Bossuet, Grantaire, Bahorel, and Jean Prouvaire, who we know by his nickname, Jehan. Oh, and Marius. They sometimes forgot about Marius.

Gavroche was happy. He had friends, things to look forward to during the day, and- a home.

He smiled. "Home, I've heard the word before, but it's never meant much more than just a thing I've never had..." His voice cracked. He didn't exercise his voice that much.

"A place, they say, 'Hey, know your place.'

But I've never had a place to even know, 

Or a face that I could go to if I needed someone there..."

"See you, Gavroche." said Grantaire, ruffling his hair. (Ha, that rhymed)

Gavroche giggled. Grantaire always emphasized the 'Gav' in his name instead of the 'Roche'.

"I'm laughing. It's hard to hide a smile.

My God, it's been a while since I have had a reason to.

To think, it's been here all along, somewhere to belong, and a reason,

A something to believe in!"

"Come on, Gavroche." Courfeyrac took his arm. "You're coming with me and Combeferre to lunch."

"We're having soup." said Combeferre.

"Go ahead." said Gavroche. "I'll catch up."

His two friends ran ahead. Gavroche smiled. Anything for those two idiots.

"This must be how it feels to have a home!"

"I used to dream about it, but never schemed or counted

On fantasies or wishes,

It breaks a boy to see what he misses,

And so many nights, I'd pray for a better a life, for a better day,

But I never thought that it'd come true,

It's finally here and I don't know what to do..."

"We're here!"

Courfeyrac, Combeferre, and Gavroche entered the restaurant. In only five minutes, Gavroche was pouring hot soup into his mouth.

"And I'm trying not to cry..." He looked at Combeferre and Courfeyrac, who were laughing at some sort of joke Gavroche had not gotten at all.

'"This must be how it feels to have a home!"

"Courfeyrac!" scolded Combeferre.

"What did he do?" asked Gavroche.

"Oh, I just-"

Combeferre cupped Courfeyrac's mouth.

Gavroche rolled his eyes. Idiots.

"I finally made it, I've hoped and I've waited..."

"Time to go, Gavroche."

Combeferre embraced Gavroche. "See you."

"Staying with me, tonight, Gavroche?" asked Courfeyrac.

Gavroche shrugged. "Okay."

Courfeyrac smiled and picked Gavroche up. Gavroche smiled and sang,

"And my heart starts to heal, to know this is real,

This is how it must feel to have a home!"

Gavroche fell asleep on Courfeyrac's shoulder.