9-The Parisian Way [The American Way (Holy Musical B@man)]

Revolution was tomorrow. Javert had watched some foolish schoolboys build their barricade just an hour ago.

Of course, he wouldn't let them win. Never in a million years.

He would use the way of the law. The way of the Lord. The Parisian Way.

"Truth, and liberty, and justice are all in jeopardy tonight." he sang.

"All we cherish here and all the values that we hold dear are in the balance, tonight.

'Cause it's Paris,

And I'm Parisian,

And in Paris, we do what's right.

The people are here for the kitty in the tree!"

All the soldiers, at Javert's command, sang,

"Oh, the Parisian Way!"

"And if the others can't come, you can always count on me!"

"That's the Parisian Way!"

"Look out, kids," he cried, "'Cause you've gotta face Javert!"

Meanwhile, Valjean was staring out the window. He had just learned of Cosette's lover, Marius. Marius seemed to cheer Cosette up.

"He's wonderful at telling stories!" Cosette had said. Valjean had chuckled. He was not the best at storytelling.

He had also learned that Marius was going to partake in the revolution. For her safety, he sent Cosette away. Be he had thought of how sad she would be if she learned she would never see the young Pontmercy again. So he had decided to supervise his barricade, and step in if he needed to.

"Tonight, it's personal," he sang, "I'm helping my little girl, tonight.

Tonight, I'm gonna save a boy, and if my life has got to go,

Then so be it!

'Cause it's Paris,
And I'm Parisian,
And in Paris, I do what I like!

No one's gonna stop me, no, not even Javert!

Oh, the Parisian Way!

And even if I die, do you really think I care?!

That's the Parisian Way!"

"You're welcome, Cosette," he whispered just as he watched a tall, blonde figure climb on top of the barricade.

Enjolras didn't notice the old man looking out the window. All he saw was an army of brave revolutionaries, looking up to him, waiting for his last big speech. No one was going to ruin this for him. No annoying Inspector Javert, no bumbling Marius Pontmercy, no obnoxious Grantaire(who, at the moment, was drinking in Le Musain). Thinking of Grantaire gave him a crazy idea. If Grantaire thought his speeches were boring, then why couldn't he sing? Oh, if only Grantaire was there to hear him.

"Tonight, we're taking back the town,

Tonight, the army's going down,

In Paris, that's right!

Blood will spill, people will die,

Tonight, another flag will fly,

So, Paris, good night!"

Okay, thought Joly, Let's go over the facts. On one hand, we want justice for the people. On the other hand, Enjolras is starting to show signs of insanity. Scratch that, how come I haven't put him in a bed of some sort? Has revolution seriously come to this?

"Never gonna win 'til your enemies are dead!" sang Enjolras tremulously,

"Oh, the Parisian Way!"

"The people will be free, and they will get their bread!"

"That's the Parisian Way!"

Javert approached our schoolboys' barricade, a plan in mind.

"The letter of the law is a capital J!"

"Oh, the Parisian Way!"

"And even if they tried, we will always win the day!"

"That's the Parisian Way!"

Meanwhile, Grantaire had decided to drink, all alone, in Le Musain. "I've got all I need, with my bottles of wine."

"Oh, the Parisian Way!"

Eponine was in the crowd. For the first time ever, the boys had worried for her safety and asked for her to let them fight. She had snuck back in, wearing some old men's clothing.

Marius approached her. Eponine hoped he'd recognize her, but he just said, "Greetings. Good luck to you, fellow brother."

After Marius left, Eponine sighed and sang, "As hard as try, he'll never be mine,"

And in strange musical logic, everyone joined in,

"That's the Parisian,

Not quite American,

Most of us are from Britain,"

"Parisian!"

"Parisian!"

"Parisian!"

"Parisian Way!"