7-Enjolras/Pontmercy [Sami/Harry (Apocalyptour)]

"Grantaire, please!" shouted Enjolras. "Stop drinking and focus!"

"Totally not happening." Grantaire took another swig.

"Be serious."

"I am wild."

Enjolras was funniest when he was mad. So basically, he was funny all the time. His face was turning redder by the second. His gold hair was shaking. He even breathed angrily. Or perhaps Grantaire was just looking at him too closely. But anyways, watching Enjolras have a conniption always made Grantaire's day.

"You know what? Get out!" Enjolras pointed to the door. "Out, now!"

"No way," said Grantaire. "Even if I wasn't part of this stupid club, which, technically, I am, I have the right to come to Le Musain and drink as much as I like, 'cause this is a public cafe, after all."

"You're sitting there, all smug," said  Enjolras. "What's the point? Why do you do this, Grantaire? It's like your only purpose is to annoy me. You don't believe in anything, let alone revolution, yet you stay here and you never give a reason."

"I- I believe in-"

"Tell me!" snapped Enjolras. "What do you believe in, Grantaire? Art? Wine?"

Grantaire believed in things! He believed that Enjolras was wasting time and talent on this stupid revolution! He believed that they and their friends had the power to stop wars, yet here they were, starting one! He didn't want to say all this, so he simplified it into a simple, quiet, "You."

"What was that?" Enjolras' voice boomed.

"You," repeated Grantaire, a bit louder this time. "I believe in you."

Enjolras stared at Grantaire. Then, he burst into laughter.

"Yeah, right." he managed to choke out between laughs. "Nice joke, Grantaire. What are you going to say next, Marius is in love with Eponine?" At that, Eponine looked down. "Now stop bothering me, you idiot."

Grantaire's smug attitude disappeared. "But I-" he began, but then he realized no one was paying attention. "Oh, forget it! Forget it all!" He sat down and took another swig of wine.

"I guess you're feeling how I felt yesterday." Grantaire looked up. Eponine smiled at him sympathetically.

"Sit." said Grantaire. Eponine sat as she did the day before.

"I never knew you felt like that." she said. She chuckled. "Maybe that's why we get along so well. We have a lot in common."

"Yeah." said Grantaire. "But you have it easy!"

"What do you mean?" cried Eponine. "At least he notices you. Marius barely knows I exist!"

"Better ignored than looked down upon." said Grantaire solemnly.

A nearby Jehan took his attention off of Enjolras for a second and happened to overhear their conversation. Had revolution seriously come to this? Curious, he continued to listen.

"I'm glad we're friends, Grantaire."

"Before I met you, I had no one to confide in."

"You can confide in me."

"Alright."

Grantaire, deciding to trust Eponine, sang,

"Well, I've seen his face, I've heard his name,

I've lost my place and he's to blame,

And I can't stand it when I'm staring in his eyes,

And he's not looking back; it ain't a big surprise..."

Grantaire realized he was doing exactly that, and looked away quickly.

"Well, I've heard music, I've heard noise,

I wish that he could hear his voice,"

Enjolras always asked why Grantaire always fell asleep? Simple. He found Enjolras' 'inspiring' voice soothing.

"The way that I do, when I drink myself to sleep,

And dream my life away, but he's gone when I awake...

Enjolras!

Enjolras!

Why can't you see?

What you're doin' to me?"

He looked at Eponine. "Your turn."

Eponine didn't hesitate.

"The way his hair flows in his eyes makes me wonder if he'll

Ever see through my disguise, and I'm under his spell,

Everything is fallin', and I don't know where to land,

Cosette is who he sees, he does not know who I am..."

Grantaire knew for a fact that Marius was thinking about Cosette at that very moment.

"Pontmercy!"

"Enjolras!"

"Pontmercy!"

"Enjolras!"

"Why can't you see?

What you're doin' to me?"

"I've seen you conquer certain death,

And even when you're just standing there,

You take away my breath!"

"And maybe..."

"Someday, you'll find me all alone,

Then, I won't be on my own,

You'll hold me close,

And I won't have to say..."

"Pontmercy!"

"Enjolras!"

"Pontmercy!"

"Enjolras!"

"Why can't you see?

What you're doin' to me?"

They stopped to look at each other miserably.

"What you're doin'... to me?"

The two began to sob into the table.

Jehan stared. Well, he thought, Inspiration.