2-Life (Starship) and Always Dance (AVPSY)

Cosette sighed. The Thenardiers had made her sweep the floor again while their own daughter, Eponine, played outside with the other children.

"Why did you leave me here, Mama?" she whispered, "Come back, Mama."

She watched as Eponine ran around with a group of little boys. Well, not little. They all seemed older by at least two years. All to make Cosette even more jealous.

If only Papa hadn't left. If only Mama had enough money for them to live together. Maybe then she'd be outside, playing with the others. 

"It's a big, big universe..." she sang as she resumed to sweeping. "So many dimensions and unanswered questions..." Cosette glanced back at the other children.

"Not to mention, life...

What an invention, life...

There's no choice involved in what you are given,"

She looked down to the dirt at her feet.

"One mind, one voice, one body to live in. Life..."

"Hey, girly!" shrieked Madame Thenardier from the other room. "Less weeping, more sweeping!"

Cosette sighed once again. "It's a short small thing we lead...

With so much potential, put less or essential, which one can I be?

Where do I fit, where do I stand?

Who are they-" She heard the Thenardiers laughing "to say what I am?

And how can I stay, inside this awful world I know?

And I need a way out, I need an escape.

I'd rather be dead than to live in this place!

I wish that something or someone could just take it all away!

Someone take me away!"

The door flew open and in came Madame Thenardier. "Ugh! If you can't sweep, then go fetch some water from the well!" She shoved a bucket into Cosette's arms. "Make it quick!"

Cosette ran off, not wanting Madame Thenardier to see her cry. When she was safely in the woods, she let her tears fall freely.

"Excuse me?" came a voice from behind her. Cosette turned around and saw a tall man. "Is your name Cosette?" he asked.

Slowly, she nodded. "W-what can I do for you, Monsieur?"

The man approached her. "You see, my child..."

"Now you are a girl, an orphan girl," Mama died?! "And deep inside of you,

A broken soul, a gaping hole, has left you feeling blue..."

Cosette felt as if she should have been scared of the man, but his singing voice was oddly soothing.

"But you're not like the other girls, you've got that magic flair..."

The man smiled. "And when you start to sway, you get carried away, and no one can compare...

I've been watching you play, I've been listenin' to the things that you say,

And I've come to tell you today,

You're no ordinary blighter,

You've got a broken heart, and you keep reaching inside to tear it apart,

But I'm here to give you a brand new start,

And to make your spirit brighter!"

Cosette's smile grew. The man took her her hand.