Prologue

Optimus ran to the only escape pod left, a small bundle in his arms. He could hear Megatron thundering after him and quickly placed the small bundle in the escape pod. The small bundle began to make small noises, whimpering almost.

"Shh, shh", Optimus cooed. "It'll be alright, Crimson. You'll be safe from this war. I will find you as soon as I can."

The small cybertronian whimpered again and Megatron thumped nearby.

"Optimus! Come out and fight me!" Megatron roared.

Optimus looked back fearfully, but not for himself, no. For the young cybertronian he seeked to protect.

"Oh, Crimson. You'll grow up without this war. You may possibly forget me. But I hope with all my spark, that you will remember your Sire's name. My name. Remember, little one, remember that I am Optimus Prime, and I vow to protect you with all my spark. I have to send you off-world to protect you, otherwise Megatron would get his nasty servos on you, and turn you into the warrior I hope you never have to become. I love you, Crimson. I love you, my little Starflare. I'll find you again, Crimson Starflare. Remember me", Optimus whispers before shutting the pod and sending off to only Primus knows where. Optimus prayed with all his spark that she would land safely, and somewhere where she will be taken care of, and protected.

He watched the pod until it disappeared before turning and waiting for Megatron to find him. It was only a few moments later when Megatron came into sight, his optics raging with anger. When he saw that there were no sparkling escape pods left, he growled.

"You sent her off, didn't you?" Megatron growled.

"To protect her from the likes of you", Optimus responds. Megatron glares at Optimus.

"I would have turned her into the perfect warrior! She would have been just like me, and would have become heir to my throne!" Megatron yelled.

"I will never allow that to happen. I will not let this war reach my sparkling. I will protect her with all my spark, even if it means becoming one with the Allspark", Optimus says. Megatron growled.

"Then you shall join the Allspark now!"

Megatron lunged at Optimus but Optimus sidestepped and tripped Megatron. "Megatron, leave this battle for another time. You are weak, and I do not wish to kill you like this", Optimus tried to reason.

"I... AM... NOT... WEAK!!!!!" Megatron roared as he lunged at Optimus, blade ready to cut Optimus in half.

Optimus sidestepped again, and Megatron slipped and hit his head against the metal ground, rendering him unconscious. Optimus sighed.

"Oh, brother. If only you could see what your actions are causing", Optimus whispers before leaving the area.

*With Crimson*
Several lightyears away, and several thousand years later, an escape pod landed in the desert. It scanned for life forms, the most widespread one out there. It found humanity and used that to disguise the young sparkling.

A young couple were out walking in the desert when they came across the escape pod.

"Sally, what do you suppose this is?" the young man asked.

"I don't know, Derek. Do you think something is inside it?" Sally responds.

Derek shrugs and kneels down beside it, and touches it. The escape pod, unbeknownst to the young couple decided that they would make good parents for the sparkling inside. And so, at Derek's touch, it opens.

Derek looks inside and was surprised to see a young naked child inside. She couldn't have been more than a few months old at this point in time.

"Sally, look", Derek whispers as he moves aside. Sally peeks inside and gasps when she saw the young child. She picks it up before looking to Derek.

"Give me your jacket", she orders. Derek does as she says and hands her his jacket. She wraps the young child in it and looks back at Derek.

"We have to keep her", Sally says. Derek smiles.

"We can have our own little family", he says. "Just like you always wanted."

Sally smiles before looking down at the small bundle in her arms. "What should we name her?"

"Hmm... Alexis. Her name will be Alexis Japping", Derek says. Sally smiles. "It's perfect for her."