Optimus Finds Out

Coming into base, I hop off Arcee and go to the computers, quickly opening the same coordinates that had been used only a few minutes before. Arcee and Bumblebee leave me, with strict instructions that I am not to leave the base. I sigh as the ground bridge closes.

How am I supposed to tell Optimus that I'm his daughter? He remembers me and I know that he misses me. I wonder if the hint I gave him last night was enough to tell him that I'm his daughter. That I'm Crimson Starflare.

I huff in frustration. Why couldn't Ratchet have left me something to read about cybertronian biology. That way I would be able to keep my thoughts off of figuring out a way to tell Optimus that I'm his daughter. That I'm his... sparkling? I sigh again. "Please let someone come back soon."

Just then, a message came in. I checked the computers and found that it was from Arcee.

"Alexis, bridge us back. We got everyone. Use the coordinates we used earlier", Arcee says. I nod and open the portal. Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee drove in. With Jack, Miko, Raf and another human that I didnt know. He looked to be really official. I hope he wasn't government. No offense, but I really don't like government. I'm a rule breaker at heart, though I've learned to hide it well because I don't like my parents being angry at me for breaking rules.

"Who's that?" I ask Arcee.

"Agent Fowler", she responds.

"Is he government associated?"

"Yeah. He's our liaison to the outside world and not very friendly to our kind", Arcee explains.

"So, if he found out I was one of you, he wouldn't be very happy?"

"Probably not."

"Good to know", I say before hearing a request for a ground bridge from Optimus.

I quickly run to the computer and open one, before any of the Autobots could. Optimus and Ratchet come through, both injured slightly, Ratchet more than Optimus.

I hum softly as Optimus makes a cast for Ratchet's arm. Once Optimus finishes that, he chastises Bulkhead for bringing the humans with him. Miko then steps up to defend Bulkhead and shows Optimus a picture that she took. He told Ratchet to take a look.

When Miko got all excited about a con that Bulkhead took out, Jack was not very happy. He chose to leave base. Ratchet was very quick to send him off, and he earned a glare from me. He mutters to himself and Jack looks back at me and Raf.

"You guys coming?" he asked.

"I'll be okay, Jack", Raf says.

Jack looks to me and all I do is lightly shake my head and look towards Optimus. Jack sighs but I knew he understood what I was saying.

"See you at school, Jack", I say softly.

"See you, Alexis. Don't hold onto your secret longer than you have to", Jack says. I sigh in response. I knew Optimus was watching our exchange curiously.

Jack leaves and I go up to the platform near Ratchet's work station. Ratchet was looking at specs that Miko had brought back and trying to figure out what they were. However, when he saw me, he pauses.

"If you don't mind me asking, what was that secret Jack was talking about?" Ratchet asks. His question had caught everyone's attention in the room. Arcee and Bumblebee knew my secret but I wasn't ready for anyone else to know. I looked at Optimus, and I could tell he was extremely curious.

I sigh. "It's not something I'm ready to share with everyone right now. I'm willing to share with you, Ratchet, but not anyone else at the moment. And it's not that I don't trust you guys", I was referring to everyone else in the room. "But it's something that I need to find the right time to share with everyone else."