Helena x William (}{)

"If there's one thing I know I remember, it's slamming the hunters head into the cement wall!"

William was stoked about the match him and his team completed. His mind was racing with dopamine and all the halls were filled with his bright smile.

Of course, he wouldn't have been able to do it without his teammates. He made sure to credit them.. briefly. He mainly focused on how amazing he did.

"William, are you forgetting the person who ran their ass off kiting almost half of the match? Until you 'swooped' in and broke the hunter with a wall?"

Vera sighed and chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, yeah, but I still saved your butt! Your perfume ain't gonna last forever!"

Laughing loudly, he rested his elbows on the table.

Everyone was eating dinner most of the females had made for everyone, and all were chatting about the match. Except for Helena. Of all people who'd you expect to be smiling warmly and lightly contributing to the conversation, you think it'd be her. But.. she sat at the end next to Emily, and stayed silent.

They wouldn't have even won if it weren't for her. She was the one decoding and finishing the ciphers.

Sighing lightly, she scooted away from the table when Emily was focused on William. Using her cane lightly, she navigated the halls with very subtle vision. Remembering the hallways correctly, she ran her fingers over the room signs. Feeling each dot and pairing the letters and numbers, she opened her door and immediately fell onto the bed.

Pulling off her hat and pulling out a hair tie, she put her hair in a very small tail and faced her desk. Using the little vision she still had, she moved to find the dairy she was forced to use.

'Diary Entry 67:

Why aren't people grateful for others hard work? I understand that there are times that people are proud of themselves, and they should use that motivation to the fullest! But you can't leave the others out... I was decoding and finishing the ciphers with Martha, and what recognition do I get? None. I shouldn't be this harsh, William is really an amazing guy... but why does he act so narcissistic all the time?

I'm in over my head. It's whatever. I'll write about the match later.. but I was decoding so it won't be that interesting. Until then.'
~Helena 'The Mind's Eye'

The handwriting wasn't the most neat, due to the fact she could barley see. She was focused on her writing, and didn't notice a small little brown owl sitting on the edge of her desk watching her swift motions.

It cooed, making her jump and yelp in surprise. Moving closer, she saw it ruffle its feathers, and climb on her shoulder.

She laughed quietly and patted its little head. The button eyes blinked and snuggled into her neck lovingly. Helena didn't even think about how Eli might've been spying on her. Which he was. The others noticed her absence and sent Eli to see where she was.

Ripping off a small piece of bread from a plate beside her, she fed small bits to the happy little bird. It cooed once more and pecked at the little crumbs. She smiled and sat down on her not so comfortable mattress.

Then suddenly, her wooden cane fell to the floor and made a loud noise, making Helena jump and slightly scream. The owl was startled by the sudden hold and noise, and flew into the doorway and back to Eli.

Now standing in the door, stood a tense Martha.

"Hey babe, you okay? Sorry about the noise.. I don't realize your cane was by the door!"