Semi-Depressed Naib x Martha

I finally finished it. Here's lê story for ur eyes to feast upon! :DDDD...

(Once again Martha calls people babe even though they aren't dating. That's just how I imagine she talks.)
————————

Naib sat on his semi-comfortable bed. It was one the manor gave all players of the game no matter what. His wooden guitar strummed gently to his touch. The strings of each note rang gently across the cool walls bringing just a little joy into the barren world in which he now lives. It brought just enough warmth into his life that it was enough.

He was outcast. He had killed. They were bad people though... right? They would've killed the players' families if it had not been for Naib stepping in to help. Or was he just a cold blooded killer in the eyes of everyone.

It didn't matter. He had his thoughts and his guitar. He had built it from spare planks of wood he found in the attic of the manor. The host left it open, so he entered. He hadn't been punished yet and he'd owned the instrument for 8 months now. It'd been awhile and he spent most of his time away from people and just with his guitar. Without it, by now he swears he'd be dead.

Knowing Naib, that wasn't an exaggeration. It was fact. He wouldn't survive only on human interaction.

Snapping himself back into the real world, he replayed the song he knew by heart.

The start of a small low strum began and covered the walls in something else invisible. It was beautiful... at least to Naib. Anyone else would be unable to see it.

That's it though. Anyone else. Naib wasn't just anyone else. The scars he wears on his skin prove that he probably isn't all there. Maybe that's why he killed.
Maybe that's the reason that no one spoke to him... ever.

"We took an oath in those lines..."

His quiet and semi deep voice sang in a whisper. The song he loved as a child, and even still he recalled every word. It's like the Pledge. You learn it at a young age, then never forget it. It sticks with an invisible force keeping your mind in a childlike world.

More notes were strummed peacefully... but underneath the calm sheath was a sword of distress. He never dare draw the weapon because it was unstable. It was beautiful in a way... but forged with many problems. Small imperfections that could be poked and prodded at.

"Me in my tie... and you dressed all in white..."

His mother played the song at her wedding with the sick bastard that forced Naib to be who he is. Alone and broken into shards of nothing. His mother was a beautiful woman... she was kind and sweet. Also ways willing to help with the simple things in life.

His father however, a sick man with a craving for sex. A man-whore. He was manipulative. Forcing his mother to have sex with him. He often slapped Naib until his face was bleeding and bruised.

"When the band played "Hey Now" and our families danced to celebrate our vows..."

The guitar was like a son to Naib. We wouldn't dare hurt it, nor treat it wrong. If it were to break or have a small tune problem, Naib would have it fixed in two seconds flat.

"Nobody loved you like I did, thought you'd be mother to my kid!"

This song played because his mother wanted to make sure that the man she loved wouldn't leave... at least... that was before she knew who he really was. He wasn't the dick he is now, but a kind father. It was after Naib came that it all changed... Naib was hated by his father. A man that was supposed to help him in life and teach him the ropes.

"But it all changed when I saw you with someone else! Good Lord, good Lord, good Lordy!"

He still sang in a very low voice but it was raising. He quickly shushed himself.