An Unlikely Introduction

Hey everyone! Welcome to my first ever fanfiction novel! Well, to be fair, it's technically my first ever fanfiction at all. I know there's a lack of Ray Toro fanfic, and I love Ray, so I had to make something. Also, thoughts are in italics. Bye!

Y/n stood in the cleaning aisle of the local supermarket, desperately trying to locate the brand of laundry detergent that her roommate had asked her to get.

God, why does CeCe have to have such sensitive skin? Whatever y/n, you have sensitive skin too, don't act like you're perfect. But why can't she just order it on Amazon or something, instead of making me spend hours in one aisle just trying to find a bottle? Because you're a good roommate and a good friend. Right, right, blah blah, conscious blah blah.

Y/n gasped in delight when she had finally located the bottle of detergent that CeCe needed. She then groaned in disdain when she realized that it was sitting on the top shelf. Her short stature was not doing her any favors today.

"Dammit." She whispered, looking around to see if there was an employee nearby. Much to her chagrin, there was only her.

Ugh, guess I'm really going to do this.

Checking her surroundings once more to make sure nobody was watching,
y/n walked up to the shelf where the bottle was and tried to jump up to reach it. After a few failed attempts, y/n resolved to simply stare at the bottle, hoping that it would, by some miracle, fall off of the shelf and into her arms. Y/n's desperate stare was similar to that of a puppy when they try to manipulate their owner into giving them food. In this case, y/n's owner was not going to budge.

"Hey, do you need help or something?" A voice inquired from the end of the aisle.

"Hmmm?" Y/n turned to see a tall man  standing about ten feet away from her.

The man smiled gently at her and took a few steps forward.

"I said did you need help?"

"Oh! Yes! Yes please!" Y/n snapped out of her angry trance and pointed to the bottle, smiling back.

"Ok." The man chuckled at her aloofness and stepped up to grab the bottle.

Y/n examined the man. He was tall, at least 6 feet, and had a large mane of long, curly hair. He was quite handsome, and the fact that he was helping her made y/n a little flustered.

The man turned around and handed her the bottle with a small smile.

"Anything else I can get for you?"

"Oh no, thank you so much though!"

"Hey, it's no problem to help out a fellow human being." Y/n screamed on the inside. He was cute AND he had morals! What more could she ask for?

"Haha, ye-" Suddenly the lights in the store completely shut off, leaving all customers and employees in total darkness.

"What the heck?" Y/n asked nobody. "That's wierd."

"Yeah, no joke." The man replied, laughing slightly, pulling out his cellphone to turn on the flashlight.

Once the pair could see better, the man raised an eyebrow at y/n. 

"This might sound super horrible to you, and you're free to refuse, but do you want to go try and scare people?" Alright, he had questionable morals, but at least they were morals.

"Umm..." y/n thought about the repercussions for about 2 seconds before completely running out of cares. "YES!"

"Alright!" The man held up his hand for a high five, which y/n gladly reciprocated. "We should probably introduce ourselves then, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess so. I'm y/n."

"Cool. I'm Ray."

This has been my first ever chapter! What do you guys think? I'm not sure if I'll be able to have a consistent upload schedule but I'll try once a week. It might be more often, it might be less, it just depends on how crazy life gets. Au revoir!