Sweet Dreams

I walked back inside my house and shut the door gently. My roommate would be back soon, so I decided to clean up the kitchen before she returned.

As I washed the used water glasses, I found my mind wandering back to Ray. I loved his calm, thoughtful demeanor. His whole personality was gentle, and it made me feel comfortable to be around. I hoped that he would call me soon, because I was already missing him.

Well, I wasn't sure if I missed him or if I just missed anybody. I didn't have many friends at the time, so I was pretty starved for human interaction.

A few hours later, evning had fallen, I had finished cleaning, and was relaxing in my room, sewing a hole in a pair of pants. CeCe had long since returned from work and was watching TV in the living room. My cellphone started to vibrate next to me, so I set down my sewing for a moment to see who was calling. My world lit up with joy when I saw the name. Ray is calling...

I hurriedly accepted and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, though I knew perfectly well who it was.

"Hey Y/n? It's me, Ray." I heard Ray's gentle voice and I smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm very well!" I tried to keep from sounding too excited, and I'm not sure exactly how well that was working out for me. "How are you? Doing well, I'd hope."

"Pretty well, pretty well." He said slowly. I hung onto every word he said like my life depended on it. "I was wondering if you wanted to come hang out tomorrow? Like, maybe get coffee or something?"

I definitely could not pass up this opportunity. "Yes! That would be wonderful." I replied. "How about noon?"

There was a multi-second pause before I heard Ray's answer. "Um... yeah, noon works. Do you need me to pick you up?"

"Yes, that would be lovely." We talked for the next hour, until I was yawning too much to even form coherent sentences.

"Sounds like it's time for you to go to sleep, huh Y/n?" Ray chuckled.

"Yeah, you're right" I yawned again, giggling a little bit. "Goodnight Ray."

"Night, Y/n. Sweet dreams." Ray bade me farewell and I hung up the phone, leaning back on my pillow. I fell asleep shortly after, excited for the next day.

Hey my one follower! I know this is a short chapter, but I wanted to get something out. I meant to post on March 22nd, but I was crying too much lol, then life got a little wild. I hope you had an ok MCR day. Love you Beanie Babies!! -Dizzy