Swingset Woes

RAY'S POV

Holy shit holy shit holy shit. I just kissed Y/n. And she liked it. Holy shit she liked kissing me!

She had her hand on my chest. She could feel my heart beating wildly because of her.

"Y/n?" I whispered, trying not to startle her.

"Yes?" She was smiling a little, messing with my fingers.

"Do you...want to go on a date?"

"Yeah. When?" She looked up, tilting her head a little.

"Right now?" I asked. "There's still a little bit of light left, so why not?"

"Okay!" Y/n resumed her excited demeanor. "Let's go then!"

Y/n jumped up and pulled on her jacket, then reached for her shoes. I did the same, checking to make sure my wallet was in the pocket of my jacket. When we were both ready to go, I took Y/n's hand and walked us both out of the apartment complex.

It was already dusk when we left, so I had to think of something fast.

Y/N'S POV

We walked down the street, me cuddling into his side as we went. We kept each other warm against the chilly autumn air; our hair whipping around as the evening wind blew at us. My hand was protected in his, being gently squeezed every time a car sped by a little too quickly. Oh, how I wanted this moment to last. I felt light, not weighed down by my many responsibilities.

At no point did I ask where we were going. I thought about it, sure, but I never really had the desire to ask. I would follow Ray anywhere he went, like a puppy follows its favorite human.

Eventually, we stopped at a small park. There wasn't much light left at this point, but that was alright with us; it meant we had the whole place just to ourselves. I let go of his hand and tagged him roughly. "YOU'RE IT!" I shouted, running away.

"Oh no you don't!" Ray called after me. I heard the tossing of pebbles as Ray ran after me, prompting my legs to move faster. My own laughter took my breath away, slowing me down. I had to stop before I suffocated, allowing Ray to knock into me, loudly announcing that I was now 'It' in the process.

I grumbled to myself and walked quietly after him. Eventually, he stopped to tie his shoe, thinking I was far behind. This was my opportunity.

I made my steps barely audible, making sure to move as little gravel as I could with each stride. I internally cringed at every scrape of rock, cursing them for trying to give me away. I took my final step to being standing directly behind Ray. My fingers clamped firmly over his shoulders and I leaned down so I was next to his ear. "You're it." I whispered.

I made a break for the jungle gym, but I could hear Ray scrambling to get up. Once I had safely gotten to the top, I yelled down at him. "I'm on base! You can't get me!"

Yeah, I was gonna be that bitch today.

"You gotta come down sometime!" Ray laughed and stalked around my safe haven.

I remained for a minute or two, getting some air and thinking of a plan. When I thought he wasn't looking, I lowered myself into one of the tube slides and slowly slid down. Unfortunately for me, he apparently was paying attention, and was waiting for me at the bottom. "Fuck." I whispered.

Grasping at nothing, I tried to move back up the slide and away from Ray, but he just laughed and pulled my legs down to meet him. "I think you're it now."

I stuck out my bottom lip in a faux pout. "I don't wanna play anymore." I whined.

"No?" He smirked and leaned over me. "What do you want to do then?"